• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Km baja 5t engine issues

vortex666

Definitely stripdown time.

Something has gone bang. Could be a number of things...but start with stripping the top end off the motor and having a look. Remove the exhaust first and have a peek inside. If it's gone....you'll see the end result!

Clutch and driveline failures can stall a motor....but in the vid, it quit while you were hard on the gas, not under braking.... but before you open up the top...undo the pinion bolt and check your drivetrain. moves freely

The crankcases are probably fine, and if the debris stayed out of the way....the bearings and oil seals should be ok.

As a minimum though, you would be needing a new crank/rod, new piston and head.

Might be a good opportunity to pick up a new 4 bolt motor.... like the CY F270 or a Zenoah 29

I have the 27.5 CY 4 bolt, and it's a great motor for the price.

Not worth fixing,will have to buy a new engine..crankcases are fine,just like nitroholic said,needs new crank/rod piston and head..anyway,i was just wondering what the hell happened...was the engine too hot??not getting enough air due to the mesh mod??cant really figure it out..

Sent from my iPhone ? using Tapatalk

Not worth fixing,will have to buy a new engine..crankcases are fine,just like nitroholic said,needs new crank/rod piston and head..anyway,i was just wondering what the hell happened...was the engine too hot??not getting enough air due to the mesh mod??cant really figure it out..

if its the stock km motoro then it would happen anytime as there not made to the same tolerances or metal as cy or zen motors i guess that`s why there cheap to buy in the first place 

Might be a good opportunity to pick up a new 4 bolt motor.... like the CY F270

I have the 27.5 CY 4 bolt, and it's a great motor for the price.

You trying too make out yours is bigger than it is Lol, thought 27.2

But yeah heard great things bout F270's, just put one in shorty I building