• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi 8ight-e 3.0

Ive just bought and built a losi 3.0e :-) its very nice, really nice quality, ive not used it yet as i havnt been to the track but its a nice buggy mate for sure, i looked at the kyosho mp9 tki ready set and i was not imppressed wi it at all.

I've got one too, had it a couple of months now and its an excellent bit of kit. Only minor problem i had with the build was a very slight mismatch in the machining where the hinge pin brace fits over the chassis but i gave it a quick lick with a file and all was good! other than that it all went together great and its a pleasure to drive although i do think its a little overpriced to say the nitro version is

I have my Losi8e 3.0 for nearly a year and I love it. It handles very good and build quality is superb. I'm not the best racer so I'm crashing it quite often and few of them was high-speed crashes, but so far I haven't broke anything.

• Like 1

I've got one but also have not run it yet as I have been getting used to my Tekno EB48.2 that I bought at the same time.

The Losi is a nice bit of kit, much better build quality than the previous 2.0 (had the EU with electric conversion last year), but by no means the best. Layout is better too, but not as nice as the EB48.

Had the Sworkz BE1 early this year and HATED it. Lousy layout if you need to work on any of the electrics, pillow ball suspension was a pain in the backside and when running it felt like it wanted to launch it's self off of the track at the earliest opportunity. I am way more consistent with the Tekno and with my old Losi EU.

Also had the Durango DEX408 early last year, and although it drove pretty well I also had an issue with the layout (motor shaft touched battery, esc mounted up high touched roof of shell).

I do have to say I think the Losi 3.0E is over priced though. I bought mine second hand but never run, so not a problem for me but I would have struggled to justify the price tag new. That said it is more robust and cheaper than the Kyosho (although I would love to try one at some point!).

The Tekno is the best 1/8th buggy I have driven, but parts is an issue and shipping the kit from the USA is expensive, but best layout, best build quality and best thought out car I have had. Also consider Serpent 811, Mugen MBX7 Eco and Xray XB9E (soon to be XB8 E 2014), all of which have superior build quality for less money. I fancy the Xray, but it will have to be good to be better than the Tekno!

Hope that helps