• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FG Monster truck wheels

Ryan_N_86

Hya guys dont know if im been silly but iv bought some fg monster truck wheels for my 2wd fg baja, the wheels are HUGE :tank: do you think with it only been a 2wd could it put to much pressure on the clutch? it does look fricking awesome with them on but not taken it out yet

Considering the drivetrain on your car is identical to the FG Monster....which FG made the wheels for .... no.

You might have to lower the gearing a touch if it is too slow to pull away or struggles to get revs up...but otherwise it's perfectly OK.

• Like 1

Vented clutch bells are fine/not fine depending on where you run.

If it's dusty, sandy or gritty....then expect to get that inside the clutch chewing up your clutch shoes.

If you run in nice grass covered parkland, then it would help reduce heat build up.

I never bothered with mine as the clutch is fairly exposed anyway

• Like 1

Vented clutch bells are fine/not fine depending on where you run.

If it's dusty, sandy or gritty....then expect to get that inside the clutch chewing up your clutch shoes.

If you run in nice grass covered parkland, then it would help reduce heat build up.

I never bothered with mine as the clutch is fairly exposed anyway

dear nitroholic i got a question for u,

i just ordered a race ported 34mm big bore kit to use in my 26cc stock zenoah in my 

stadium 2wd truck,

will it be okay to go for it to get a little extra power out of my engine??

kindly checkout the links if these r the right items for my stadium truck 2wd 26cc.

cheers,

http://www.davesmotors.com/race-ported-zenoah-25_4cc-34mm-big-bore-kit.html

http://www.davesmotors.com/fg-06103-05-alloy-front-uprights-1_6.html

http://www.davesmotors.com/fg-06250-07-tuning-disk-front-brake-set-monster-2wd-baja-4wd.html

Edited by fasi

No idea what power output that headkit will produce. It just says it's been ported.... but not by who, or what exactly has been done. If you have a Zenoah engine..it will fit straight on. If you have a CY motor....it tells you what you have to do.

As far as bolt on bits for your car goes....they are all parts for an FG....so will bolt on. I have no idea on the spec of your car or what you have already done.....so it's hard to comment on whether they are 'right' for you. That's a personal choice.

For me...I found front cable brakes to be awful on the Monster I had. Constant messing about with adjusting and unless set up evenly...very poor at stopping. Needed a good servo too.

Why not start your own thread though, rather than hijacking someone else's? Your question was unrelated to the original question. It's like walking up to two guys in the street talking about football and talking about the price of whale blubber.

• Like 2

very sorry to jump into somebody's thread like that,

hope u and the guy who opened this thread will forgive me for this silly mistake,

and thanks  for ur opinion,

means a lot.

cheers.

• 5 weeks later...

Is there any options of proline rims tires for the fg monster I know thers adaptors but I haven't seen any mt with baja wheels it would be cool if I could fit trenchers or something.

I just done a deal for the yellow one off here it has fg baja wheels and some shen qi mt wheels I think they are I dont mind them but would like some prolines if they wont look silly. The fg baja wheels look ok on it tho they have no foams In them. Ill open a thread soon but this ties in with the op question.

Edited by RCbutcher

Use standard Monster Gear ratios,18 pin/ 46 spur,worked out just fine on my 4WD Beetle,with monster wheels on,as already said with stock gearing will be slow on take off.

Goldman :030::fish:

dear nitroholic i got a question for u,

i just ordered a race ported 34mm big bore kit to use in my 26cc stock zenoah in my 

stadium 2wd truck,

will it be okay to go for it to get a little extra power out of my engine??

kindly checkout the links if these r the right items for my stadium truck 2wd 26cc.

cheers,

http://www.davesmotors.com/race-ported-zenoah-25_4cc-34mm-big-bore-kit.html

http://www.davesmotors.com/fg-06103-05-alloy-front-uprights-1_6.html

http://www.davesmotors.com/fg-06250-07-tuning-disk-front-brake-set-monster-2wd-baja-4wd.html

I got the brakes from rc online and can't fault them a lot better over stock. And the ddm esp from daves motors I can't fault either for your 26 engine but if using for racing watch what you buy as my g270rc engine has been ported to a 27.2 so can't enter 2wd races but the engine has some amount of power.

I got the brakes from rc online and can't fault them a lot better over stock. And the ddm esp from daves motors I can't fault either for your 26 engine but if using for racing watch what you buy as my g270rc engine has been ported to a 27.2 so can't enter 2wd races but the engine has some amount of power.

Porting doesn't change the capacity......

A 27.2cc motor has a 30mm stroke on a 34mm bore. A stock g270rc is a 26cc motor with a 28mm stroke. To make it 27.2 they have fitted a 2mm stroker crank. Requires machining of the head to avoid the piston hitting the top, and to sort out the squish clearances.... but that's seperate to porting. Porting is reshaping and resizing inlet/exhaust and transfer ports. You can go for a long stroke motor without changing the porting....or you can port a short stroke motor without the crank :)

Porting doesn't change the capacity......

A 27.2cc motor has a 30mm stroke on a 34mm bore. A stock g270rc is a 26cc motor with a 28mm stroke. To make it 27.2 they have fitted a 2mm stroker crank. Requires machining of the head to avoid the piston hitting the top, and to sort out the squish clearances.... but that's seperate to porting. Porting is reshaping and resizing inlet/exhaust and transfer ports. You can go for a long stroke motor without changing the porting....or you can port a short stroke motor without the crank :)

Yeah got +2 mm crank etc hense why 27.2 all need to do is change head and crank it be back with in the 26 cc