• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

batteries

ratman

The hobbyking batteries really are superb.  Make sure you order them from the UK Warehouse though.  There's been lots of issues with posting lipo's overseas.

Unfortunately none of their batteries are BRCA legal so they're no good if you want to race at nationals.

I've also got a Gens Ace which is ok but only a few of their batteries are BRCA legal.

if you dont require BRCA Legal cells then gens ace or turnigy A SPEC will be ideal.

If you need BRCA legal but good quality cells then look at SMC, or moorespeed, andy has finally released his new cells after half a year of testing and are very well priced and very high spec, or very expensive option is muchmore, something to consider if you need to watch weight etc as they do slimmer cells etc.

• 1 month later...

I am contemplating trying a new brand of 2s lipo, 80c 6800mah.

Does anyone have any idea what a pack this size is likely to weigh? (compared to my existing pack in my earlier post).

I am contemplating if it's worth the import taxes....

I like them, (a lot for the price) but deciding if I can be tempted with a higher C pack, at the cost of a possible weight trade off disadvantage....

Edited by ta05