• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my traxxas 1/16th erevo build..

tbuk1981

So... I brought at the weekend a 1/16th erevo roller with just a servo (stock one so from what I read I will be swapping that out in the future)

I have ordered some rpm parts as there is cracks in the axle carriers are a little bit cracked and look like they have seen better days.. I also ordered some metal hollowballs as from what ive read the stock one are rubbish and stretch etce a

I have a few esc's knocking around including a VXL3s which I pulled from my slash 4x4 which im gonna install in this..

I was torn as what to do motor wise at this is a brushless model hence has the smaller motor mount and would rather spend money else where other than

• 3 weeks later...

Doesnt the brushed mount let you fit a 540 motor to a bl merv. A friend of mine did it that way but fitted a flux shot motor which is still really a 380 motor in 540 size due to the long fins it has.

Are you going to mount the esc side ways or cut one of the batt boxs to fit the big esc? Ive seen people use a hw 60a and a mamba maxesc but I dont think ive seen anyone use the big vxl esc. Im sure you'll get it in somehow tho.

Ive seen the tenbol mount around on eBay for

Edited by RCbutcher

• 2 months later...

I've got it all mounted in but I'm not massively happy with it.. The motors great but the esc's a pain as it's mounted sideway and I have to have a cut in a shell to wear a shell. When I've got some spare money I'm gonna get the sidewinder3 esc I went do the route of the traxxas brushed mount. I like the gears being covered as I had loose gravel in places I go.