• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tuning Options HPI KB 2013 RS4 Micro Edition

Sonicr360

Got one of these on my shelf..... but wondered if there was any suggestions on replacing the ESC or Motor!

Its "ok" - But to be honest, not as quick as I expected.

• 2 weeks later...

Not much about for them. Mine has ekotex front drive shafts, other than that is box stock, brushed can and NiMH. Perfectly good fun, drifts nicely on carpet/hard floors and is controllable. Personally, I reckon a bl set up would ruin the car.

Asiatees have very little in the way of micro rs4 parts, in fact, the world seems to be lacking in hop ups/micro rs4 parts ;)

it was the same when hpi first brung them out but i guess things may change soon when companys pull there finger out but in the same thinking they may not as it wasnt really that popular first time either 

Looked at that, reckon it'll be a tight fit, as the stock can isn't round...for the money though, could be worth a punt ;)

That motor fits fine, I fitted mine the other day.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Fitted up that larger can, the plug isn't quite identical, so pushed the pins out on first connecting, no biggie. Runs very hot tho....nice extra burst of performance.

Did an eBay search worldwide for parts, a lot of ally bits out there from GPM and others, just ordered the ekotex rear drive shaft/ball diff set up, for when the micro goes back to touring spec...

Defo needs more room than I currently have indoors though ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I need more room too. Currently mines stock on electrical taped tyres and I need more room if I'm doing anything other than donuting.

I'll get the plastic tyres when I do my next ms order as the sidewalls are a bit grippy on carpet.

I was wondering about motors and now I know I may have to add that to the list.

• 3 weeks later...