• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shumacher - LC Racing Mini SCT

RadicalEdward83

I though I would just share some pics of my new LC Racing Mini SCT with you all... as I know they are lots of photos and info. on the buggy version of this, but I haven't seen many people posting about the short course truck.

I did think about getting the buggy, but with already having a fully upgraded losi mini 8 I though why have to buggies, when I could have some think a bit different as far as looks and driving style goes.

The below pics are not of the stock version which come with plastic shock bodies and a plastic chassis pan, shock towers, and spindle carries. Which as you can see I have upgraded to alloy...

Now on with the pics...

IMG_20140509_131620_059_zpsa63d80cf.jpg

IMG_20140509_132334_255_zps45da41f4.jpg

IMG_20140509_132313_152_zpsb6788855.jpg

IMG_20140509_131844_297_zps1e7da2a5.jpg

IMG_20140509_131812_670_zps06fd04ab.jpg

IMG_20140509_131712_326_zps355c4043.jpg

IMG_20140509_132124_883_zps91d0283e.jpg

IMG_20140509_132452_378_zpsa136721e.jpg

IMG_20140509_132247_270_zps4e6a8580.jpg

I haven't gotten it out on the street for a 1st run yet, hopefully will tomorrow if its still not raining...

But so far I love the look and parts to this truck seem very well made and designed... i.e. the cover over the motor pinion and spur gear, the fact you can move the battery mounts for different size batteries. The detail of having the mud flaps on the rear bumper. and clear windows...

If you have any photos of yours if u have one please also post them here along with any set up tips or helpful info.

Edited by RadicalEdward83

I plan on getting the desert truck version when it hits the UK, mini exo!!

If the mini exo was on sale now in the UK I would have gotten that over the SCT, but I couldn't hold out and while I had the cash burning that hole in my pocket, I just had too..

I hope you post up lots of pics of it when U get one I look forward to seeing them... for sure...

We're did you get your aluminium spindles from and do you know if they fit the buggy. Look nice

We're did you get your aluminium spindles from and do you know if they fit the buggy. Look nice

I got everything in one order from http://www.racing-cars.com/scp/Manufacturer/LC_Racing.html spindles are under the Speed Secret - Option Parts the pic shows the bell crank set up they have the wrong pic for the part no listed. They was not cheap at

• 7 months later...

Hi there,

Saw you have the SCT. Two questions about yours: how does it work with the "little" motor? Is it enough powerful to move this thing properly?

You have the one with the aluminum chassis. Did you get it like that or did you order also a chassis to replace the plastic one?

Thanks!

sorry for the late post back just seen your post...

motor is fine for what I run it, fast but could be faster... but that's just me.... I ordered the chassis and re-placed the plastic stock one that came with it... just can't get hold of the plastic side bars to go on the alloy one as they seem to be out of stock...

I just use this sct to run around the front road of my house, when I don't have the time to go and take my slash out for a run... as slash needs more space due to bigger size and speed...

Looks like you're all set for the truggy conversion then :lol:

The Sct is pretty good,. cant imagine issues with the motor,. the monster copes just fine.

I can PM u a link to the SCt side guards (Eu so no tax ;) )  (nb:// Deafty's anti troll policy is still in force  :ph34r:   )

FYI:  LC racing no longer produce the plastic rtr's.  Everything is alu now, bar the hop up spindles etc,and come weith cvd'S :) .  Schue in UK still has old stock ;)

Edited by Deafty

Thansk Radical Edward for your answer. Nice ride you have!

Deafty, yes, the truggy is really long to come so was checking something else... Unpatient I am!

Thansk also for the information of all LC Racing cars come with the alloy chassis.

Edited by bartt