• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Mixing Bottle..

rctruckz

Hi guys,

Anyone know of a decent mix bottle (prefably aluminium) as we all know these so called plastic ones are cack as overtime they become more & more less accurate! :(

I want summit that small (1 or 2 Litre) so i can transport it easily etc.

Any ideas :) ?

im poo with fluid measurements, what would the measure be (in oz im guessing?) for 25:1 if using just a normal jug :) ?

Ta dude

200ml of oil to a 5L jerry can mate.

40ml of oil per litre of fuel for a 25:1 ratio.

Those 1L mixing bottles actually hold nigh on 1 1/5 litres, with a 600/700ml tank, you get 2 tank fulls and a touch more from a mixing bottle.

I used to anyway, I know some will be a bit less, some a bit more, but you can use that just for an average :)

what im thinking of is doing the 25:1 mix using a measuring jug when im at home, then getting one of these which is 1.5L to take out with me:

41tei9h%2BgrL._SL190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg

Edited by rctruckz

cool thanks guys :)

so.. if i top up my tank then fill that bottle up, that should basically give me 3 tanks to use which is plenty :)

daft question again lol!..

the 25:1 ratio... 25 is actually ml?

so with a measuring jug i fill up to 1000ml (or 1L) then top up another 25ml with oil ?

thanks again for help :)

No, as I previously said, it's 40ml of 2 stroke oil for every 1L of fuel for a 25:1 mixture.

And yes you should, I used to brim my tank and brim the mixing bottle and get 3 tank fulls from my old Baja... If I remember rightly a Baja tank will take around 640ml of fuel.

I'm not sure what your FGs tank will actually hold... I can't see it being bigger so I'd place a safe bet you'll get a minimum of 1 1/2 tanks just from the mixing bottle, but most likely 2.

Fg tanks are 700cc so i should get around 2 tanks from a 1.5L bottle:-)

Thanks 4 the info dude ;-)

Edited by rctruckz

when doing the mixture for your bajas, is it the same mixture as for mini motos too?

if so then cant you get the mini moto bottles to help you out abit?

Basically the same bottles as the ones that deform.

I don't really think any plastic can withstand petrol for a long period of time without deforming, so theirs no point trying to rely on one.

Using a jug is just as easy and won't deform because you only splash a little bit of petrol in to pull all the oil out to make sure your mix is right.

• 10 months later...

daft question again lol!..

the 25:1 ratio... 25 is actually ml?

so with a measuring jug i fill up to 1000ml (or 1L) then top up another 25ml with oil ?

thanks again for help :)

Not a daft question but the 25:1 is any unit of measure - you could use 25 eggcups (of fuel) to one eggcup of oil.  As long as you use the same unit of measure the 25:1 ratio remains the same (hence, it is a ratio, with no unit of measure).

FWIW I use a measuring jug for the larger volumes (fuel) and syringe for the smaller volumes (oil).  Once they are measured I put them in the old style mixer bottles and shake it all up. 

Hope this helps (I am hopeless with mechanics and R/C but I do know a bit about science  ;-)  ).