• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

****(Hong nor / Jammin Owners Club)****

Hello just though I would start one as there is not anything specific for us to pool our information. Buggys / Truggys / Monsters. All Hong nor / jammin vehicles welcome.

Edit.. I'll get round to starting properly soon.

Edited by barnestah

Well this is my part. Started out with this in Jan 2014 from ebay. Had not had a Rc car for many years (1985). So fancied another as the kids have grown a bit now and can play safely by them self's up the park.

A Hong Nor X1-CR nitro to Electric conversion.

x1cr1_zps442a2a6a.png

x1cr_zpscb44f1f3.png

x1cr5_zps725deb9d.png

x1cr3_zps622dd5ca.png

x1cr6_zpsab4217fa.png

8ba63253-97cf-4e18-b162-fbc95e2c19c7_zps

It was sold as having a 2200kv motor and big bore shocks :/ but it had a you tube vid and looked fast.

Any way, received said car and gave it a good clean up (Not that it was filthy but there were bits of surface rust on some hex heads and turn buckles). Ordered a new Abisma CR3P 2.4 Tx & Rx as the one supplied worked but was an old 27mhz.

Cosmetically the rear wing was yellowing so replaced that with a new high force black wing. and purchased some red shock socks as I had seen some on other cars and liked the idea of them. And cleaned the white paint off the ally parts as I thought it looked a bit tacky. Oh and made some rear mud guards out of some spare 1.8mm black plastic I had knocking about.

20140108_181333_zps7406fd6c.jpg

20140108_181344_zps3dc78950.jpg

20140108_181412_zps464032e3.jpg

20140108_181450_zps491703b0.jpg

20140108_181526_zps8b529d6a.jpg

That was it for a time 3s & 4s lipo was good for 33mph on 3s and probably 38mph on the 4s. But it was not fast enough and the hyper body was not a very good fit and would catch the tyre's when cornering at speed. so that was the next set of upgrades a 16t pinion as the stock one was 14t and a new body + some DE racing front and rear skid plates.

20140122_204815_zps7f2210fd.jpg

20140122_204830_zpsa1d9a65a.jpg

20140122_204909_zps44c50484.jpg

20140126_163603_zps429a652a.jpg

Then I filled in the holes in the chassis to reduce water and muck from entering.

The 16t was better at 39-40mph but was still minimal. 19t was ok at 42mph but the 3s was struggling and the motor temps were getting very high. I was expecting more from a 2200kv motor from what I had read up on. So looked at my motor to see if I could find out exactly what it was. Not much luck only that it was a 60mm can and all the people that were doing any good speed had bigger cans ( bearing in mind I was still not up to speed on much just what I had read) So lost the small black can and got a good ebay win on a HPI 1965kv scream motor for

Edited by barnestah

Just a quick update as I seem to be the only (Hong Nor) owner on here lol.

Fitted new shock towers and put mesh over the esc as grass was becoming a problem. 

20140508_205845_zps854152a7.jpg

20140508_205823_zpsd4615b2b.jpg

20140508_194730_zpsb902a0a9.jpg

Also got a smaller lighter phone that I should be able to strap to the front, killing two birds with one stone as my S4 is a bit heavy on the rear wing and not cheap either. 

Got a good 59mph yesterday. 1 mph away from my target speed. Just by adjusting the weight Over the nose. No other mods.

Today have done further adjustment and will see if it explodes later. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

You're not the only one with one dude! I've got an X1X CR running a Hobbywing Quicrun 2000kv and 150amp! I'll try and get some pictures up at some point!

Oh, where did you get that shell and paint job from? Looks awesome!

• Like 1

Wowzers!! Fellow X1-CR owner's welcome.

My current body is the LX2E body pre painted from amain hobbys link bellow. Near enough a perfect fit +

I didn't get stung on any import taxes either.

http://www.amain.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_25_1461_1920/products_id/221387/n/OFNA-Ultra-LX2e-Printed-RTR-1-8-Buggy-Body

I am presently in the process of re-newing all my bearings and getting king headz steering ackerman. And also hoping to make a custom body soon. Pic's to follow.

I'm currently mid converting mine, one thing I'm unsure about.. Is where does the receiver sit in the new conversion? Does the receiver box come out of the X1?

Not 100% sure on this one as mine was already converted when I got it. So my receiver is just cable tied to the top of the servo tray at the mo.

Tho have been looking for a suitable box unit that I can use and keep it all a bit more tidy. So might try a traxxas summit box as it looks about right.

I'll take some pics tomorow G but depending on what conversion kit you go with depends on where the rx sits

Thanks barnestah, I'm defo having a look at one of those!

Ah fab guys, well mines all converted! I used the Absima kit from modelsport. I'm currently in the process of getting the electrics and I've got my eye in either a HW 120a or flux blur, but unsure on which motor.. Any recommendations?

I'll have to do it at weekend. Too busy with work and uni and a 9 month old daughter!

But I'll take some snaps and try and get a video up too!

Finally got the photos sorted from my conversion...

heres my X1X i its original nitro form!

After I had removed and sold all of the nitro parts, 

I began my conversion!

I was unsure as to whether to keep the second servo and use it as a brake on the 3rd channel of my transmitter, however once the kit arrived I realised the mechanical brake had to go!

Here's the finished conversion, minus the shell and electrics (which I'm mid sourcing!)

Let me know what you guys think! :thumbsup:

Nice. Things I'm jealous of...1,Tyre's what are they? I know the paint normally comes off but I'm still a sucker for tyre writing. Been looking at duratrax lineups but can't bring myself to spend that much on rubber yet.

2, The motor mount looks smart what, where, and how much? + was it easy to fit?

3, Are sure you don't want to sell them chassis braces's. They would look muck better on mine lol :)

How long is that battery tray? It's hard to tell from the pictures but I think I would struggle to fit my 6s in there.

Edited by barnestah

Ah yes, very similar to me! I love the writing on the side.. they are called Louise Super Softs, I believe they are from the states.. however I bought them for a tenner pre mounted on eBay!

Yeah its a good quality mount if I'm honest! It was a part of the brushless conversion kit I got, which also included the battery mount and underneath (you can't see in the photo) the aluminium tray it mounts to.. which is fitted using the old engine mount holes in the chassis. It isn't a huge tray, the only thing I know at the moment is a standard 6 cell NIMH fits easy!

The Whole kit costs 34, including postage it was 37 and its from modelsport. 

Ah I'm quite fond of my chassis braces! Are yours plastic? Luckily I got the X1X which is race spec and therefore came with cnc parts  as well as Big Bore shocks, unlike the ones you were originally sold! ;)

I'm jealous of your shell! oh and what/how did you fill the holes in the chassis? As there are an awful lot!

Edited by GeorgeWils

I think there are various methods across the Web to fill the holes but I just used epoxy resin. It certainly does help to massively reduce water and dirt coming in.

I also cut and glued some thin abs around the front of the plastic side Stone guards. Being careful not to impede the steering arm. Cut some carbon fiber rear mud guards too. It all helps lots to keep dirt out the body and rear drive shafts. All in all reduces cleaning times quite a lot.

Edited by barnestah