• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Spectrum SR200 OR SR201

leekiya

Just about to order a new spektrum dx2m transmitter but cant decide what receiver to get to go with it, there seem to be 2 to choose from, a sr200 or the sr201, they are both the same size but the 201 is cheaper, anybody used any of these and can recommend one over the other and why, cheers guys. 

Not familiar with the 201, however since the 301 is basically a 300 with a water-resistant coating on the PCB, the same logic would indicate that a 201 is probably a 200 with a coated PCB. As such, the 201 would be a better buy.

It is probably cheaper because of its packaging. Spekky RXes either come in a blister pack, or a little bag. All else being equal, the bagged ones are cheaper than the blister packed ones. The cost of the water-resistant PCB coating is probably less than the cost difference between a bag and a blister pack, so a water-resistant RX in a bag is cheaper than a non-water-resistant RX in a blister pack!

That sounds like sense to me, cheers i will order the 201 to go with my over priced dx2m transmitter, gripes me that they know that they are now the only company selling the decent stick transmitters now that acoms have stopped doing them (never thought 25 years ago i would be saying that in the future), so they charge more for the 2ch than there 3ch when i can clearly see from pics that there 3ch is much better made. Hay how i will insist on using old had hat sticks i guess. cheers bud