• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

spektrum dx3r charging

RyanBowk

Hi there, this is my first post here so hello all at model sport uk.

I have been reading posts for a while now and find them very informative, however I have never been able to find a definitive answer to my next question.

I have a dx3r that I have upgraded to use 5 X 1.2 NiMh rechargeable cells that equate to 6.0v. Although its no problem to remove the cells and charge them externally, I have an Ansmann multi charger (rx, tx, glow stick) that charges up to 9.6v tx batteries that I would like to utilise.

My only issue is that the Spektrum dx3r charge port is centre pin negative (very annoying). Now the tx end on the charger is removable, does this mean if I take it off and turn it around it will charge the dx3r? Or will i damage it?

I had no instructions with the charger so I don't know wether the end is removable for this reason.

Thanks in advance Ryan

Hi,i had the same prob on one of mine,what I did was to make up a new lead from some old ones and just wired it up so center pin was positive,you may well find that you can only charge at around half an amp,or slightly more,if you are charging using the TX,& it wont allow you to run a discharge cycle using the TX,i got myself a battery holder off ebay to do this,and if need be I can also charge at a higher rate too.

Goldman :030::fish: