• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

lipo batterys and charger for emb-1 help please.

redz

could anyone assist please.

i have purchased a emb-1 for my 8 year old son to race at our local indoor track on carpet.

could anyone recommed some cheap/good 2s lipo batterys and a charger. only really want to charge the small lipos so im not looking for anything to expensive or big.

also it says in the manual the  battery connectors are 3.5 gold. Should i replace them for deans ???

thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Connector wise its up to you, I use 3.5 bullets. Batteries I use http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=26653

The 3.5 bullets fit into the xt60 perfectly also, you will need to trim the battery tray both front corners. As for a charger take a look through hobbyking site they have some cheaper priced chargers too on there global site

Si

it looks like hobbyking are out of stock on chargers and the battery you linked me to.

i did like the look of the prices aswell !!!

Take a look on there international warehouse, I have used it alot and delivery is pretty quick they should have stock just check delivery charge is on the lowest price before ordering

As you say you are looking at racing i recommend you get these instead: http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__11902__Turnigy_nano_tech_1300mah_2S_25_50C_Lipo_Pack.html

There smaller but you still get 10-11 minute run time (plenty for a race and practise laps)

The smaller size battery is better because it leaves room for you to get ALL the electrics onto the chassis for the all important lower CoG

Regarding the battery connector, go to your club and find out what is the most common plug used, then copy them. Because theres nothing worse than being the only person using a certain type of plug and your charger giving up and then you go home early as you cant use anyones charger

What about if you need to test to see if you have a bad battery or blown ESC and need to use someone elses battery and you can't because you have different connectors to everyone else on your ESC.

For the sake of arguing ....

Just copy what everyone else does regarding the connectors as none are poor (apart from tamiya white plugs)