• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Servo voltage + Lipo upgrade

HyperNoob

Hi guys i am asking this on behalf of a mate who has a DHK Optimus XL..the thing is the steering servo is what id call slow to say the least...so he is looking to upgrade the servo but when we read about servo they seem to range from 4.8-7.2volts..the thing is the Optimus XL runs on 2 x 7.4v one for the motor one for the servo..so will a 7.2v servo get fried running a 7.4v lipo through it. Also we are both newbies and i know nothing about BL he was also wondering if anyone knows if the motor in a Optimus XL straight out the box could take a larger volt lipo than a 7.4V. Cheers guys

Edited by HyperNoob

3s you will should be safe it's only 80 amp but it does say you can run 4s

firstly thanks for your help..but can you say that in a easier way for a total noob to understand it is his first RC and 3s 4s ESC BEC they all are double dutch to us sorry..its is runny 2 7.4v 2 cell batteries at the moment...does what you say mean he can run 2 x a higher volt lipo's

Edited by HyperNoob

Bec read this. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-helis-167/7683693-explaination-bec.html

Esc / lipo's etc. you should be able to find easy on this site. I seriously recommend reading up a bit.

Edit..Oh bec is explained above also.

Cheers for that i have read it and makes sense to i haven't got a BL i am a nitro fan but i was thinking of getting one so it is helpful to find out stuff before i decide what to buy..i will pass this info on.