• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ESC Dilemma ?

b19jas

I need to purchase a new esc as the Stampede roller I have just bought is in need. 

I have the following trucks in my posession with the folling BL systems. 

E Maxx. with 1480Kv 4092 motor and WPSC8 ESC running 4s.  ESC sounds weak, but doesnt even get warm. 

Pede ( in post )  4000kv ( ish ) motor. gonna be running 2s was thinking 80a esc. 

Merv. 8.5T (4000kv? ish ) 60a esc running 2s. 

My thoughts were to buy a HW 80a ESC for the Pede as I may run it for the summer then sell. OR Buy the new Quickrun 150a for the E Maxx, take the 120a and pop it in the Pede and run it for the summer then drop the ESC into the Merv and put the 60a into the Pede and sell it. 

Does any of that make and sense at all.? 

I wasnt really looking for another RC but for some reason always wanted a Pede and it was cheap enough so dont know if I am gonna keep it or not. So I am keeping a very close eye on cost as I only purchased a new 1:1 last week. Athough in the real world there is only about

I'd buy a Quicrun 150a. They are well priced and waterproof. Also its a lot easier to sell on a 150A esc (as well as waterproof) over any other type should you downsize or re shuffle later on :)

I'd buy a Quicrun 150a. They are well priced and waterproof. Also its a lot easier to sell on a 150A esc (as well as waterproof) over any other type should you downsize or re shuffle later on :)

Point taken on board and noted. Hmmmmmmmm

Looking at a more cost effective side of things.....Would a HW WP60a esc be enough for a Pede with about  4000kv motor?

DOH !! just answered my own question, checked out the motor it comes with and it a max 72a draw. For the sake of a few quid it would be safer to go with the 80a. 

Thnaks again Bez. 

Cheapest place for quicrun is rcecho. Currently about 50 delivered. They have had them for months, I got the 80a wp in the end for 35 with a flysky receiver.