• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

SH Engines - Gasoline power

tomr

I don't see how that's any more if a pita than a nitro, especially if it starts better once broken in & holds a tune.

That's the point, plus you are restricted to the OEM oil according to the vid. Starting to sound no better than a nitro to me, I would still need to have two different fuels on hand.

I would check out what makes this oil 'special'.

If normal 'good' 2-stroke oil cannot be used, it might be something for 'trades descriptions' .....

Bit extreme, but I agree, don't see why a specific oil only should be used.

Is there a warranty issue should it be proven that non-OEM oil is used and there's an engine issue?

Al.

So it says on the vid, warranty void if you don't use their oil - gonna make importing one a bit troublesome. If you could use a normal oil then it would make it much more attractive.

The way it looks and how they talk about it on the video does make it seem a lot like it's an adapted nitro engine rather than something designed from scratch for petrol.

So it says on the vid, warranty void if you don't use their oil - gonna make importing one a bit troublesome. If you could use a normal oil then it would make it much more attractive.

The way it looks and how they talk about it on the video does make it seem a lot like it's an adapted nitro engine rather than something designed from scratch for petrol.

im confused what worthwhille warranty does any nitro engine have?

the oem oil like all manufacturers will be a ploy to buy there products any good quality synthetic oil will work

there are so many variables with high revving engines how can anybody provide a warranty?

im confused what worthwhille warranty does any nitro engine have?

the oem oil like all manufacturers will be a ploy to buy there products any good quality synthetic oil will work

there are so many variables with high revving engines how can anybody provide a warranty?

Yes mate I agree, the trouble for me is only the question of whether a 3rd party oil will kill the engine. If I was importing I would not expect a warranty to be serviceable in practicality, but if you have to use the OEM oil it would be a waste of time.

that would be far to low for me lol id up it to 20 or something

These apparently go to 30k RPM, 14:1 is perfect considering how fast this thing turns. If you don't have enough lubrication you will just kill your engine.

also, even if you could use any petrol 2 stroke oil you couldn't use it in this and the largescale engines as this is ment to run on 14:1 ratio.

I'm not sure what you mean, you can just make a separate mix for this and your largescale.

• Like 1