• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

kyosho neo st race spec,

jim46

been looking at kyosho for a while now, just was not convinced enough to buy one until I saw an st race spec nitro getting thrashed around local bmx track yesterday, clearing all the double jumps with some heavy landings, not one thing broke and it handled great to, I was running my hpi trophy truggy and I would not dare try some of those jumps for fear of breakages, I think they are a lot stronger than I first thought, he did break a shock in the end, but that was after running head on into a traxxas revo monster truck at full speed, they look good to and come with decent radio etc, he still had restrictor in carb, but still decent power for jumps etc, any opinions or advice would be appreciated as I am very close to getting one orderd   

Hi mate i have one of these, and i think its awesome. Theres not a lot more to say about it really except the standard ke25 engines can be a bit hit and miss and prone to failure! Even mine has chewed a couple of pistons, before realisin it was the conrod. You mention a carb restrictor- that comes as standard. There are loads of spares available on ebay, and parts from other kyoshos will fit as well- although not all,as i have found out on a couple of occassions lol! But the front and rear lightweight cvds for the st rr fit, as do the front and rear strr suspension mounts.

The diffs that come with it, if i remember right have only 2  gears in f&r, but you can buy the extra ones so theres 4 in each. I cant think of anything else atm, but if you do fire away and ill try my best to answer

cheers