• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Servo problems

Renaultk4j

Hello guys and girls of msuk!

I have a problem with my throttle/brake servo.

It's a new servo, the problem I have is that when my transmitter is shut off the servo goes to its default setting, such winds the throttle open, it did this yesterday resulting in a runaway.

I have adjusted the bar that sits on the servo but this prevents the throttle opening past around 25%.

I'm hoping that this is an easy fix to the more knowledgeable folk here.

Thanks!

1. reset your fail safe, that what is causing this to happen

2. don't be an idiot and turn off the transmitter before shutting the engine off and turning of the car first, transmitter on first and off last - first rule of rc

3. http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/187905-switchblade-ignition-kill-switch-failsafe/ - buy one of them and fit it so if you do switch off your transmitter or the batteries die in the car or transmitter than instead of relying on your failsafe this will just turn off the engine, no engine, no movement

Cheers for the reply!

I don't shut off the transmitter first usually, I did that whilst the car was up on top of my tool box to try and make the problem appear, as if it had gone out of range or similar conditions, as I'm unsure why this problem has occurred.

I don't currently have a fail safe fitted to the car (I know, I know, stupid, lesson learnt)

Thanks again for the reply!

ah ok that fair enough, first post made it sound like you just turned it off and it shot of across your bash spot lol

what car/radio you got? most models have a built in fail safe function these days and is set when you bind the tx and rx together

Hey no problems dude :)

It's an FG Marder I have, it has a Spektrum dx3 tx and Spektrum rx.

I am guessing this is quite an old set up I'm using.

On the old servo it used to go back to idle in these situations, but is on a new servo from an encounter with done water (rx box was dry so I don't think the rx took water)

I'm just stumped with it and I'm currently looking to sell the car and move over to planes, but I won't sell it until I have this issue fixed.

Thanks again.

my first step would be to re bind the tx and rx, making sure not to touch the trigger doing it, or hold trigger at half brakes.

this will reset the failsafe setting which is built into your radio, if not then i would look into the servo and its settings, for example did you mess around with the trims at all?