• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao mac 28 - piece of crap!

carlos150279

Spent the last 3 weeks trying to tune a mac 28 in my truggy... Waste of time, useless engine, couldn't get it tuned (& I've set up a few engines now) seriously not recommendable, replaced with a HPI nitro 4.6... Much better now

sorry to hear that mate, alot of people here has already said that the mac 28 engine is poo and very hard to tune.

shame you didnt read them comments before you tried but hey ho, at least you gave it a go

Yea, I'd seen a lot of negativity but I got the engine brand new as part of a very good 'job lot' sale so decided to give it a go in my truggy... BIG MISTAKE, put my old HPI 4.6 engine in it now that used to power my old hyper 7, cant wait to get it down the track tomorrow, that engine was a flier!!

It might be worth stripping and sealing, I know not ideal but I believe that's where most users have issues where it can't hold a tune.

She may not be a lost cause just yet!

Spent the last 3 weeks trying to tune a mac 28 in my truggy... Waste of time, useless engine, couldn't get it tuned (& I've set up a few engines now) seriously not recommendable, replaced with a HPI nitro 4.6... Much better now

I will gladly pay the postage if it is of no use to you. :)