• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How can I improve the handling on my 2wd Slash please..?

Hi all,

I've just bought myself a new Traxxas Slash 2wd.

As most of you have probably experienced it seems to drive like a boat ...with all the suspension travel during cornering...

What is the easiest / best way to improve this please?

Thanks

The biggest improvement would come from changing the chassis to a low COG one, that will stop a lot of the rolling. Then you could experiment with stiffer springs but that could cause the car to behave more erratically and potentially grip roll on corners if you go too stiff . Anti-roll bars would help too. However if you're expecting it to handle amazingly, you're flogging a dead horse mate. The best thing about them is how bad they handle :P

There are lots of lcg kits for the 2wd drive slash, anza have done one for a while now and traxxas have made one but getting hold of a traxxas one is impossible at the moment. Im holding out for the traxxas one as its cheaper than the rest, 1st of may modelsport think they might have them in stock!

Ive put big bore shocks on mine for now and upgraded the shock towers(rpm) and its alot better than stock but im having issues with the front shocks at the mo(think stiffer springs are needed)