• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1/10 2WD buggy suggestions.

Having recently sold up all my large scale petrol RC stuff, I quite fanncy getting another small buggy mainly for tarmac/concrete racing.
When I say racing I don't mean at a club level or anything, just with friends and whatnot.
I've had an Associated B44 and Team C TR02 and personally I prefer the 2WD.
I don't want to spend loads, but just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for buggies along the lines of the TR02? Obvious choice seems to be a Team Durango DEX210, which I may end up with, I've also seen the 3Racing Cactus but just wondered if their where any others along the same lines that where worth considering before I buy one of the others? 001_smile.gif
Any suggestions are welcome thumbup.gif

ive just said this on oople but as your on here more ill say it again. what about a b4? you can pick them up really cheap and they the spare support is very good to. If your not club racing then you don't really need mid motor.

3racing catcus looks good for bashing/casual racing. It has 12mm hexes so theres a good amount of aftermarket wheels apposed to ae wheels. But obviously spares have to come from another country. 

Something like a B4 has good spares availability as do losi 22's and they are a solid car, very strong!

This is a good deal in the sales section; http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/188464-losi-22b-roller/

Edited by Joshyjol
  • Like 1

Hobao h2 pro kits are a bargain at the minute. Great bit of kit, and at the price they are can't really be beaten at the minute http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobao-h2-pro-2wd-1-10th-buggy-kit/rc-car-products/372141 Not in stock at the moment though, apparently are in order though.

the hobao h2  is a mint buggy very strong it was my 1st brushless buggy 

i used it for bashing on and off road and will take a knock or two 

Not overly keen on the looks of the TLR 22, but I like the H2 Pro kit, that looks good.

I don't mean to be picky about looks but it doesn't need to be at the absolute peak of performance, so I don't mind compromising between looks and ability.

If that makes sense :)

The 22 is solid and has a good rep and has many after market parts to make it even stronger. The H2's never really took off hence the low price but I suppose they must be okay, I've never seen one.

I don't suppose for me though and what I'll be doing with it, it'll matter too much for like upgrades and whatnot, the odd bit will be nice but I don't plan on spending hundreds and hundreds on it.

Just getting something that runs good and doesn't make a noise will be a good start lol, for the neighbours at least.

Dex210 rtr, swap to 9.5t motor (limit) as the 13.5t ent so fast, change to mid 3 gearbox layout (all needed should be Included) set of proline road or dirt hawgs depending how adventurous u wana be and jobs a reasonably cheap one! great runners out the box bar the motor but ffs buy a tower set for spares! other models are available lol

If you are just bashing I'd say leave it Rear 3 because thats the best for rear end grip - Mid layouts help with steering on high grip surfaces but at the price they are trickier in lower grip like you get away from race tracks. I think MB Models still have some at

The 210's stock electrics are a basic 2.4ghz non computer radio, a plastic geared but waterproof servo and a decent but very limited esc /motor combo. The stock 13.5t is too slow for your needs and the esc can't handle more than 9.5t (10.5 is more likely on a hot day)

So it's all of stuff but easy to do better.

You want a sensored system though - 2wd really needs the smoothness and not cogging.

The 210's stock electrics are a basic 2.4ghz non computer radio, a plastic geared but waterproof servo and a decent but very limited esc /motor combo. The stock 13.5t is too slow for your needs and the esc can't handle more than 9.5t (10.5 is more likely on a hot day)

So it's all of stuff but easy to do better.

You want a sensored system though - 2wd really needs the smoothness and not cogging.

Could you suggest a fairly budget sensored ESC? I'm planning on using a sensored Trackstar motor, never had any problems with them so don't mind using one, but couldn't find a sensored ESC to match.

I did actually fancy going sensored this time, having never used a sensored set-up yet I thought a change was in order :)