• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Problem after problem

samp97

So the aftermarket Cooling head came for my trx 2.5 but now it's all installed and yes it starts but I could be driving it fine and all of a sudden it stops, why I don't know, sometimes after that it doesn't start until it has cooled down again, any ideas at all?

back after more trying, i think the motor is nearly past it but it hasnt had much fuel through it, i dont know, ive tried stock carb settings, rich low end, lean low end, ive tried everything and it just wont go :( help

bump

HELP :(

Have you got the idle set correctly? Set your throttle trim to neutral (on the transmitter), pull off your air filter and adjust the idle screw until there's a 1-2mm gap at the widest point.

Hope the pinching process you use will keep the sleeve round. :)

Can I ask what fuel you use...and is that the only fuel this engine has been ran on?

I will keep checking..please update on how the pinching with jubilee clip goes..and how it runs..

I will most definitely recommend you to run a fuel that contains some castor oil next time...it will give some protection when lean/hot...Byron fuel is a very good option.

There are many methods to pinch a sleeve...you can buy costly equipment...you can use costly equipment that was meant for another purpose...you can send your sleeve to someone with the costly equipment (note bulk buy is cheaper)....

I've pinched it once and it seems tighter so I'll put it back in the car and start it up and let it idle up to temperature and see how it goes, if not I'll be saving for a new engine direct drop in break it in properly and then off we go if this doesn't work or course I'll shoot a video or two to see how it goes :) thanks guys!

So, I've pinched it once with the result of the same running you have to throttle it as soon as it's up to op temp to keep it going will try again but a little tighter, if no luck after that it's a new engine!

Ide start saving mate i went through this with my very first revo engine i was sure i could sort it out but i just had acouple weeks starting my engine hitting 2nd gear watching it crawl back to me and quitting half way. Waiting for it to cool and trying again with more tuning. In the end my con rod snapped and cracked the piston sleeves skirt. It was a horrible cup weeks walking everything to the feild just to walk home again with 3/4 of a tank lol.

Save time and find a replacement mate plus you can uppp the power now anyway trx3.3 or picco 26 are easy to fit but the picco needs a new mount thats

tried everything to get the perfect match and it just wont have it, so, a new engine it is, its my birthday easter sunday so money from family etc, i got paid today so going to save that until i have

• Like 1

Just another update for those who are bothered ;) just placed an order for some accessories and should be ordering a new engine on Tuesday, hopefully! if not it will be the Friday (25th). Engine will be the Picco P2 .26 Engine with the EZ Start 2 backplate and stuff, i have ordered a blue aluminium fuel filter, a schumacher 1:8 air filter, Optifuel 25% Nitro RTR Fuel and some fuel tubing to go along with it, the Revo will get a big clean between now and then and hopefully she will run!

• Like 1