• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

upgrading a ts4n

kyl344

I think the pro .12 BX engine is perfectly suited to the TS4N personally. I have one TS4N with a .12 and one with a .15.

Ball bearings, ARB's, 2speeds, diff & shock oil are worth while upgrades. Better servo's and 2.4ghz radio gear too.

Steering has too much play due to the hook type link rods, easily sorted will ball end tie rods.

Don't bother with GPM alloy bits, the quality is poor. Thunder tiger alloy bits are pretty rare, even then I would only go for the gearbox housing bits.

I've found even with the .12, grip is an issue. Helped massively by some gravel tyres :)

Edited by SirusDviruS

I've got a ts4n with a .18 engine, hpi superdrift tyres and for power sliding around my forecourt at work its brilliant. I tend to stay well away from full throttle to be honest, I don't fancy cooking the engine, but it slides around a dream even at low power with the drift rubber on.

I've put 60k in the rear and 10k in the front as advised on here previously. Anti roll bars (arbs) are on my to do list, 2speed is waiting for delivery, mine came 2.4ghz standard.

The steering is an interesting one. Not heard that before but I'll get that upgrade for certain!

Hope this helps!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I got the racks from Asia tees, but like I said the tolerances are poor, even though I ended up with 1x good unit from 2 sets.

The standard TS4N tie rods from rack to knuckles might fit 'rack to rack' and 'rack to servo'?