• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 eBay bargain?

This is how one looks after letting a 14 yr old attack it with tools lol

Posted Image

Full strip & clean is in progress but I'm letting him do this with my overview. We will replace what ever is needed including pin/e clip on the suspension & also upgrade radio to 2.4 :)

Rob

Great stuff...both the deal and letting JuniorSmurf (?) get stuck in.

Have fun...but be wary of annoying MamaSmurf with oil on the carpet/worktop/etc. :)

• Like 1

Great stuff...both the deal and letting JuniorSmurf (?) get stuck in.

Have fun...but be wary of annoying MamaSmurf with oil on the carpet/worktop/etc. :)

This is why we have laminate & Lino in the downstairs lol

She draws the line at 1/8 but she not so bad if we clean up and feed her chocolate & vodka lol

Rob

Update.

First one is stripped and needs shocks sealing, all bearings, front diff case, front shock tower, pin/e clips replacing with nut & bolts. Still need to strip the engine & buy 2.4ghz radio gear

Rob

u need to track down marder boy on ebay......if u ask him nicely and give him a list of what u want...he will do u a very good deal on brand new parts bought in a job lot.....This is who i got all my bits from my brushless build....he will want to do this through his e mail not e bay....I jus paid him with pay pal goods and all was well Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

Well the lad has got bored :( I think it's too much without playtime lol although he did strip the second car before he stopped.

So on to what's been happening .....

Yesterday I cleaned & rebuilt both sets of shocks, I did find that they have different shocks but don't see it being a problem.

Today I serviced 3 diffs and replaced 2 pull starts, 1st took 2 hrs & the 2nd took 10 mins it's a simple job once you know what your doing lol

Rob

Today I fitted the front & rear end to the chassis. Everything has been stripped cleaned & re oiled.

All being well I will have the rest cleaned & fitted by the end of tomorrow Posted Image

Just hope I can get one of the engines running

Rob

Hopefully JnrSmurf will get back into it...if not he will find something else to expand his mind...you can only give gentle nudges to a path. :)

Looking mighty clean in that picture...even if the engines are kerplunked I think you got a great deal...but no doubt with a bit of this and that any Hyper engine can run again...parts are cheap...just depends how many parts constitute a new engine. :)

I think he will come back when he's got to play with it (& breaks it)

Its the first real work I've done on any RC but it been fun. Tomorrow's jobs are fit servos then try and get an engine running, I've got 3 to go at & 4 carbs so I'm sure I will be able to get something running.

If all goes well tomorrow the only thing I will have to buy is 2.4 radio gear. Not bad for non runner spares buy :)

Rob

Good stuff! Now get the other running and sell it so the first one cost you buttons ;)

The second one is going to be a brushless project but as summer is coming (caravan & kids holidays) I don't think it's going to be a quick build.

Rob

Looking good. 

I use stick...and that aerial is way to short for me! ....one day I will upgrade to 2.4 jigawatts or whatever it is.... :)

Nice!!....and u did it urself!!!did u use marder boy in the end for ur parts????

Not had to buy anything other than the radio for this one but when I build the second one I will be using him as I need a shell, 1diff case, 1 compleat diff & casing, front shock tower (may fit tower from ss or st) also both still have pin & e clips so should be swapped to nut/bolts

This will have to wait as I got the wing mirror smashed off my 1/1 car midweek so any spare funds have gone to replacing that :(

Rob

Not had to buy anything other than the radio for this one but when I build the second one I will be using him as I need a shell, 1diff case, 1 compleat diff & casing, front shock tower (may fit tower from ss or st) also both still have pin & e clips so should be swapped to nut/bolts

This will have to wait as I got the wing mirror smashed off my 1/1 car midweek so any spare funds have gone to replacing that :(

Rob

ouch!!wing mirrors can b mega dear on sum cars..... :yes:...atleast u had a cheap run on ur build..... :thumbsup: