• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Racing at other clubs?

ta05

I thought I would setup a topic so we can discuss venturing out to other clubs when we have the time to and help each other with setups etc.

I want to head up to Bracknell club some time in June, if time allows. It's just over an hours drive.

I did consider Newbury - But that's a 1hour 40 minute drive from where I work, which leaves me 20 minutes for any traffic jams AND to get comfortably pitted before race 1!  :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets:

For those of you who do not know, I race at http://www.horshamrc.org/ 

Well worth a visit if you are into 1/10th buggy, touring, 1/18th or 1/12th! (mardave and sometimes pan cars) :thumbsup:

Oh but Newbury is so well worth the journey!  I've only been once but one of the best venues/tracks I've ever raced at.  Just the right size if you ask me.  Big enough for a good track but not so big the car is a long way away from where you are standing.

I love visiting other clubs, today I was at GMCC and on Monday I hope to make it to Risby for one of their famous bank holiday meetings.

• Like 1

I do agree, it looks like a nice club looking at the website!

I hate being in a rush though, it's quite a trek for me... :(

I'd only need an accident on the m25 to ruin the meeting, driving to an unknown place and looking for it etc doesn't help.