• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ft viper ordered :)

NOFX

Its arrived.it slides like a full scale one.It looks ace. The Ariel tube was missing when I got it.But that don't matter,I've got a 29 month old son who'd pull it out any way. I gave it a quick run on a herringbone brick driveway. It handled well :)

Hi. Its the brushed one.I took it up the park today & broke a front C hub:/ .I glued it & I'm waiting for the to set.I can't figure out how to post pics & video via photo bucket .I'll have to set up an account somewhere else

.I do want to show it off ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just took it down the park to run on some flat loose gravel.The lipo got rather warm :/ .it's a 2200mah 25c 3s. I weren't running it on grass,just sliding it on gravel.I did have a full speed role & not break it though :)

Pulled the plug on mine.. After you breaking on what was its first run and reading there a redcat well rebadged or something .. Watch a few vids of the redcat on the tube on thought better of it ..

Its not too bad .I'll order some c hubs from ms & boil them

I've gotta order some higher c & may lipos from hobbyking.I'll look up what amp ESC & kV motor's in the brushless one & get the same sort from HK when I'm not as broke. It is odd having an rc that gets stuck so easily (centre diff & all that) my brushless summit rarely gets stuck anywhere :)

Edited by NOFX

I took it for a rip round the garden (after cutting the grass to about 1 inches last night) & the lipo's puffed.I'm a bit peeved to tell you the truth :/ .Its had 4 charges! I'll be sending it back to ms when I've made sure it won't set fire to the parcel force van. I'll have to check. On the plus side , the misses says I can order

I'll be getting a replacement lipo from ms in the post from ms in the next couple of days. The suppliers supplied the wrong lipo with the viper.Glad it didn't go poof in the buggy .Hopefully it'll last more than 15 minutes per charge :)

I took it for a rip round the garden (after cutting the grass to about 1 inches last night) & the lipo's puffed.I'm a bit peeved to tell you the truth :/ .Its had 4 charges! I'll be sending it back to ms when I've made sure it won't set fire to the parcel force van. I'll have to check. On the plus side , the misses says I can order

I've been told by ms that I should have got a 2s lipo with the viper,rather than a 3s,its too slow on 2s.Does this mean it'll be even slower with the replacement lipo? .

Bugger .Itll be going back in time. :/ .What if I stick a 5000mah 3s in it.Do you reckon the lipo'd puff then? I think the last one puffed cause it was only 2200mah.

Edited by NOFX

Do you think I could put the 2200 kV & mmm ESC out of my summit in it & run a 5000 mah 4s lipo? The battery bay should take the lipo. By dad's got a pillar drill if I need to drill the pinion to fit .