• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Body Shell Clips

ww69

Not had much time to take RC out since running it in but did manage an hour yesterday and had great fun but lost 3 of the 4 body shell clips. I thought they would have stayed in a bit longer! Are there any tips on better ones to buy or is losing them a common thing?

Not had much time to take RC out since running it in but did manage an hour yesterday and had great fun but lost 3 of the 4 body shell clips. I thought they would have stayed in a bit longer! Are there any tips on better ones to buy or is losing them a common thing?

I use fastrax ones with the slight bend on the straight bit. ....as this makes it a bit harder to lose them imo...thay can b a pain to remove sumtimes though....up to now I haven't lost any of these.....I will post a pic when i gets home if u want......
  • Like 1

Apart from the fastrax ones evssv mentioned there are no "miracle" clips then? lol

here ya go....http://www.rchut.co.uk/fastrax-18thtransponder-fluorescent-green-clips-8-p-580.html?zenid=6d6fb405c68fd27e0ac093f4bc196372 I use these on my fg Baja...they might b the nx size up ..1/5 1/6th scale ones..what I got but have never lost any....I also got em on me mt4g3...the bend on the end stops em  `just` coming out as they do...

Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

I use fastrax ones with the slight bend on the straight bit. ....as this makes it a bit harder to lose them imo...thay can b a pain to remove sumtimes though....up to now I haven't lost any of these.....I will post a pic when i gets home if u want......

I just pop a zip tie round the end chop it short then its easy remove them.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?446402-How-To-Make-Body-Clip-Tabs

Edited by barnestah

How weird, I never lost any body clips on the Trophy buggy but on Saturday when out with the Hyper ST I lost 7 over only 2 packs!!

I went to my local hobby shop and bought 20 cheap Absima ones as they were the only 8th ones he had in stock but I am going to try popping a ziptie around them today and see if that makes them any better (although it will probably be a PITA), if that is no better then I will be buying a set of the security ones from Modelsport and trying them.

How weird, I never lost any body clips on the Trophy buggy but on Saturday when out with the Hyper ST I lost 7 over only 2 packs!!

I went to my local hobby shop and bought 20 cheap Absima ones as they were the only 8th ones he had in stock but I am going to try popping a ziptie around them today and see if that makes them any better (although it will probably be a PITA), if that is no better then I will be buying a set of the security ones from Modelsport and trying them.

Must be because the ST is such a beast! lol

Took the Trophy Truggy to the track on Sunday just fooling around managed to loose 3 clips, Ordered these

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-body-mount-washer-8mm-12pcs-/rc-car-products/32220 and they seem they will never be lost as the actually fit onto the body shell.  A bit on the expensive side but I hope they will save some bucks over a period of time.

Took the Trophy Truggy to the track on Sunday just fooling around managed to loose 3 clips, Ordered these

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-body-mount-washer-8mm-12pcs-/rc-car-products/32220 and they seem they will never be lost as the actually fit onto the body shell.  A bit on the expensive side but I hope they will save some bucks over a period of time.

They look good, I've just ordered some fastrax ones with the bend in them but tempted to get some of these. Will see how ft's go first.

I will be zip tieing my body clips to the truck somehow in the future.

My new problem is that on big jumps the clips get pulled through the shell....it has happened so much that the holes in the shell are now body clip shaped LOL

Edited by shdaxner