• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Slash 4x4 - essential mods and setup ?

So here it is as it stands

Posted Image

Rpm arms and hubs

Heavy duty plastic shafts on rear

Savage XS shocks

All waterproof

Not sure what else I need to make it bomb proof

The wheels are pretty pants but don't want to go to 1/8 just yet

Just want it tough , not to rollover and look scale

You've already got most of the mods needed. It's hard to cure roll on the slash, especially once you've got some decent tyres fitted! A sway bar kit should help, along with the LCG chassis conversion, which can be pricey.

What leccy setup are you running? If stock and wanting to run 3s then you'll want a new system as even though traxxas claim its 3s ready, it'll smoke in very little time! If running 3s+ then you'll want MIP shafts at some stage. Again, Traxxas claim the stock driveshafts are "Heavy Duty" but there ain't nothing heavy duty about them!

Tekno big bone drive shaft. I have a used, but perfectly running one I can let you have for a few quid, pm me :)

Kingheadz mount is a good investment too...

Never a fan of MiPs, very heavy and ate into ally hub carriers...

Edited by Noj

Noj pm on way

Yesterday I was out with it for a good 3 hours and broke the front a arms but apart from that , I've not had that much luck with coming home with anything in one piece

I pick this up instead of my savage XL fix which has had a load do e to it

This thing is just wild !

They are a tough basher...I could see another in my life one day....

I have a fair few spare, stock parts lying about....once I can locate the box I packed them into, I'll let you know what's what. I do know exactly where the tekno big bone is though! ;)

On the driveshaft front if they do break i would reccomend tekno's. They are very strong and if they are bent you can simply "tweak" them back straight again

The stockers are naff, I keep them for on road and use the badlands off road. As Noj said, they've got some mighty grip, just don't try to corner too fast! Night and day difference over the stock tyres. A little pricey tho. You could always go for the 17mm hex conversion then the worlds your oyster, including nanda blocks.

i have a slash 4x4 runing a hpi scream 1965kv motor with scream esc with mips front and rear with tekno big bone center shaft and rpm arms and carriers all round as well as rear bumper by rpm and front bumper by t-bone racing. only thing i found thats a weak point is the front diff case seems to break im on my 3rd one so far but they are pretty indestructible 

Mod 1 conversion is great making it a beast running 4s lipo and 1/8 wheel adapters for a much better wheel/tyre choice. Driveshafts and plastic shock caps the only thing thats let it down so far. Proline undertray is a worthwhile extra.

Run it til you break something Jim, if 2s is sufficient power for you? If you crave power, 1/8th scale set up, mod 1 gearing for a kick off....then rpm and tekno it to your hearts content ;)

• Like 1