• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Savage x 4.6 tuning problem.

rctech132

Having a bit of trouble tuning my savage. It's got a force 4.6cc engine in it. Seems to run fine at factory settings and actually seems to have more bottom end power. It will wheelie at factory settings and not reach enough rpm to change gear but as I lean it out so it changes gear it doesn't seem to have the torque to wheelie anymore. Also as I carry on leaning it out the engine won't return to idle speed immediately after I release the throttle it will slowly come down but not immediately like it does at factory settings. This happens even though I hear no signs of stalling at full throttle to indicate its to lean. Could I have to richer the low speed a bit as I read that if the engine doesn't return to idle that's a sign the low speed is to lean?

Would appreciate any tips on this as I'm getting a little impatient.

Thanks in advance :)

It could be a number of things have you checked for air leaks force engines are well known for developing air leaks very early in the break in or just after keep an eye on temps and try tuning it once it's had most of a tank through it

It could be an air leak As I remember some rubbery blue stuff pealing off wasn't sure what it was now come to think of it could have been an attempt to seal a leak?

*#@!$^%?{<*#%! One Of the pins on the flywheel just popped through the vented clutch bell and flew off! Looks like I would have been better off with the standard heavy duty one.... Oh well I'll stick my old 3.5 nitro star engine unit see how it goes. It's the same engine the old savage 3.5 used so should be fine right? That's got the 2-piece shoe so should have less problems with it.