• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Mayzie12's 100mph Hyper 7 Project

mayzie12

With me heading down to ROSSA this year for the festival of speed thought i might as well have a crack at getting something to 100mph. So naturally a hyper 7 was in order.

After a few weeks of waiting for the right one to pop up managed to get for

What shell will you use I found a usa store selling 1/8 bodies some veey sleek but ther $59  plus shipping and fees on the border probably.  

Looking forward to see it finished tho good luck.  

I'm in two minds about the body. 1 is saying to keep it stock and run it like a hyper, other is getting a rally game shell. See what happens nearer the time

Well samshirleys POS hyper turned up today. After taking all the bits i needed it was quickly forwarded off to Pieman. This is the beauty that i was presented with

DSC_0063_zpshzeolvp2.jpg

That picutre doesnt really do it justice of how dirty it was.

Anyways i now have bigbores shocks, another spare servo, rear Centre CVD and a 46T spur. Also got a packet of BNIB front knuckles. Not really needed as i got CNC ones but more spares is always good.

Also got a 2300kv motor and a battery tray i dont want so PM me if you fancy any of those for cheaps.

Cheers Craig

Edited by mayzie12

Whats the motor you have mate?

Says 2300kv on the can and thrust on the end of it. Also looks exactly the same as this http://shop.absima.com/ELECTRIC-MOTORS-ACCESSORIES/Brushless-Race-Serie/Brushless-Motor-Thrust-BL-2300KV-1-8.htm?shop=absima_en&a=article&ProdNr=2130002&t=27&c=3298&p=3298

So guessing it is that...

• Like 1

Really? point me out a photo of the motor that he has going surplus?

Haha

Sorry fella, thought you were asking which motor he was using!

Not much of an update but still..

Got the big bores and the centre rear CVD fitted today

DSC_0071_zpsqivqontd.jpg

Also designed a custom motor mount as it is currently costing

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get the mount designed and laser cut to check it all fits, and the good news is it does! Just need to finalise the drawings on CAD and send it away.

DSC_0096_zpsf3wbhpxs.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Another Update! There is some good news and some bad news.

The Good news is i now have (what should be) an epic ESC. MGM 250A :sweeeet:

DSC_0189_zpsx1b1ngsx.jpg

The Bad news. I now have no money left ("Quick plug your stuff thats for sale in the for sale section!")

Also i got a tonne of stuff sent from Bubbles from his old hyper project so i can have many a crashes without worrying about spares.

DSC_0158_zpsgicjne0c.jpg

Included in that lot was the custom 25T spur he had made up. This basically replaces the centre diff, locking it at the same time.

DSC_0190_zps1l5hcihp.jpg

In other news the mount design is complete as is being made. Taking a bit longer than hoped but the guys seem to know what they are doing, they're just rather busy at the moment. Hoping that it will turn up in a couple of weeks, and thats all i need to get this thing moving!

Plan is to mount the ESC on top of the centre diff with the fans pointing to the left and right of the chassis. Hoping when i get another shell i can put louvres on each side to get a bit of airflow across the ESC without ruining the already crap aero of a buggy :lol:

So hopefully running within the next month i'd say.

Had a wee while spare tonight so got the esc mounting sorted out started off cutting a sheet of aluminium up got the holes drilled in it for the top of the diff and the heatsinks of the ESC. They are threaded and is one of the recommended mounting points for the esc which is a bonus. The shell just catches on it at stock height but i already know its going to have to be raised for the sheer amount of batteries going in it.

A pic of the basic plate on the car

DSC_01941_zps4e01e548.jpg

This is the plate, not the neatest at all as it was initially just a mock up, but worked well so its staying at the moment :lol: If i find some effort some where i will make up a more even and neater one....

DSC_01951_zps53065a1a.jpg

Also having a couple of problems with the 25T spur, just seems a bit too long to fit in the standard mounts. The thicker part is getting turned down to the smaller size by another 1mm which should solve the problem. After than its just finding the correct legnth of dogbones.

Edited by mayzie12

nice one the 1717 is a great brushless motor that i would know as thats my old motor haha look at my signature thats the motor i had in my Savage Flux XL then sold the motor to pieman . glad its being used for a monster of a speed setup gonna use it to its full potential with that ESC. good luck mate  :thumbsup:

IMG_4711.jpg

Edited by itsme93

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers, good to know the motor has been cared for :)

Everything has now been ordered for the car (bank account emptied) apart from the GRP's. In a slight connection someone go buy Bez's summit plox.......

Got 2 4s and 2 3s coming for the car, all the pinions, loads of bullets, another buggy shell, might be getting a rally game shell as a renualt twingo for it too as a bit of a laugh.

Just waiting for it all to arrive now. Motor mount is being cut hopefullu this week, so should have it soon. Once that arrives, basically solder it all up and it should go!

Mount has now arrived and been fitted :D

DSC_0213_zpsdo7kkstp.jpg

If i wanted to be really silly i could probably run 46/46 gearing :lol: This is it with the 46t spur and the 34T pinion

DSC_0211_zps3cs8cu6r.jpg

Just waiting on some solder to arrive and it should be up and running hopefully by the start of next week.

Also arrived was my GRP's, (they're not all mine)

20140715_110452_zps2cc5ba46.jpg

Only thing left after that is to get some dogbones to fit the custom 25t spur. Then its just all cosmetics. One other thing im really looking to do is make up a protection cage for the ESC as i plan to bash the car too. Hoping some 6mm diameter stainless steer bar should be strong enough

Well, the car ran for the first time today, only for a short while before the LiFe for the Tx ran out for the first time ever, and i dont have a lead to charge it :banghead:  A pic of the ball of wires it was......

DSC_0215_zps5htcywau.jpg

Things to note already:

• Motor mount slots for the screws is going to have to be counterbored to take countersunk screw. Pinion is just a bit too far out and is not meshing fully with the spur
  • Longer velcro straps for the batteries. (The ones i have dont even cover the 2x2s i used for the test).
  • Stiffer springs are needed, both front and rear shocks have full pre-load :lol:
  • Need to do something to get more power to the back. Front wheels just spin madly. Thinking ill give it a bit of rake towards the front to keep the weight over the front a bit more??

Just a lot of little things to tidy up really. Car ran fine, just all tweaking things now to get it as good as i can :thumbsup:

Finally got a vid of it running. Was going fine until someone sent me a request on Facebook and the phone vibrated off the bumper :lol:

This was with 23/46 gearing and only running 4s. Just need to get some longer battery straps and then i can start running some serious power.

I tried to test my TC4 speed car on a road similar to that and its impossible with the amount of power the cars and the width of the road also the quality of the road but I dont have any better places to test it so ROSSA will be the first official main test

I tried to test my TC4 speed car on a road similar to that and its impossible with the amount of power the cars and the width of the road also the quality of the road but I dont have any better places to test it so ROSSA will be the first official main test

That was the first time i ran it :lol: . The kart track i race at is a members only thing, so im free to test their whenever i need which is a bonus, straight just isnt long enough even there

That was the first time i ran it :lol: . The kart track i race at is a members only thing, so im free to test their whenever i need which is a bonus, straight just isnt long enough even there

at least it is smooth unlike most of the crap roads around where I live