• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shop in Chester

Gashead

Just before Christmas, I was in Chester with the wife Christmas shopping and  noticed a model shop. This was about 9.30 am and it was closed. At about 10 it opened and I went in and it was obvious it was newly kitted out but I couldn't see any RC kit. I asked the guy and he said he was going to stock stuff. My question is, has anyone been to or know this shop cos I can't find anything on the net regarding it and does it in fact stock RC bits and pieces

I seen it over christmas to. it was where the old modelzone was and as you said only stocked models and no rc.

I havent been back since tho so i dont know if its still there

• 4 months later...

No they don't I have spoken to him about it but from what I can see the shop is struggling. He mainly does wargaming stuff and a new wargaming store just opened in Vicars Cross and is cheaper than him for some stuff and they have parking. Not sure how long he will last. There used to be another model shop by the new Aldi in Chester but again, not enough interest. I tend to find in the North West there just isn't that much interest in RC when compared with further up North and down South! :(

To be honest it seems the only way to go is online unless you live near Modelsport or Wheelspin. These little shops are just struggling cos they are not big enough. I know it sounds stupid but the big ones carry loads of stock and spares whereas you go into a little one and you bet your life they havnt got what you want plus the big ones do online mail order too.

I live in North Wales and there is absolutely sweet f.a here and it seems no interest in RC either