• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New member saying hello..

RichardJ

Hi guys and girls,

Just joined up to your forum...I'm Richard, I live in Polegate(Sussex),now retired/disabled after a forty plus year trucking career.

I've been into r/c for more years than I care to remember, built everything from boats of all sorts, submarines, helis, and recently got back into r/c trucks. Used to race 1/8th scale ic stock cars down at Worthing and Crawley many years ago, but now I'm into more sedate models. 

At present I'm building a Tamiya Volvo FH12 truck to go with my Bruder lowloader trailer, and a Tamiya Midnight Pumpkin, and I already have a much modified Kyosho Blizzard.

That's about it really...I'm just a boring old fart nowadays.

Rich

Edited by RichardJ

Welcome to the forum :)

Very nice to see someone join with years of experience and with various knowledge of boats and heli's etc :D

Is the Volvo your first truck build? If not,i will warn you the Tamiya rig side of things gets very addictive and with your trucking experience be prepared to be sucked in :P

• Like 1

Hi, and thanks for the welcome!

Yep, the Volvo is my first truck build, the Blizzard came practically RTR, so I didn't learn much from that. The Midnight Pumpkin should be here tomorrow, but these are the first models with wheels that I've built in a long time...the last ones were the good old Mardave 1/8th scale stock cars. It's a vertical learning curve for me, the Volvo is driving me mad with all those tiny little screws and E clips...the carpet monster has been well fed recently!

Rich

E-clips flying around the room as we call it :lol: They are superb trucks though,lets be honest look at the attention to detail Tamiya have done on the 3 speed lorrys? :P

What radio and electrics are you running? :D

Edited by 53HRA

I haven't got that far yet, but when the time comes, I'll probably use my Planet T5. I've had a couple of them in the past, they always seem to be good radios. I prefer pistol grip radios due to the disability in my hands and fingers ( I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis in my hands, wrists and fingers ) but the T5 will have to do for a while.

Rich

Here's an antique picture of the Mardave stock car days...mine is far left, sprayed up in Pickfords colours (I used to work for them back then)

Photo0194-1.jpg

Rich

• 5 weeks later...

Hi rich I'm a basher mostly but looking for something different. I'm in crawley if you ever fancy a run one day? I'm struggling to find anyone round here with an interest in nitro lol