• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bashing spots in or around Glasgow?

Darren

Hi everyone, was into RC years ago (was one of the founding members of CSOR), but haven't kept up with current bash spots. We used to use the BMX track in condorrat years ago. After being out cycling, I think Pollok park would make a great bash area, lots of rough offroad driving, jumps, track, fun terrain etc... and it's not too busy.

So where else could be used that isn't too far of a drive?

Hi everyone, was into RC years ago (was one of the founding members of CSOR), but haven't kept up with current bash spots. We used to use the BMX track in condorrat years ago. After being out cycling, I think Pollok park would make a great bash area, lots of rough offroad driving, jumps, track, fun terrain etc... and it's not too busy.

So where else could be used that isn't too far of a drive?

Was thinking of taking a trip to PP myself the other week, will need to check out the bus routes though because I don't much fancy cycling lately LOL

Bellahouston park might have some areas worth a look at up in the wooded areas up the hill :)

Edited by Louise-Paisley

I am in Paisley too, Seedhill..

I have HPI Trophy Trugy Flux, Savage XS (wating on rx for it), Thundger Tiger MT4-G3 and Traxxas Summit..

Bellahouston has a bit of trail/ offroad/ woods areas which may be worth a go bit its not exactly extensive, Pollock Park I think probably has more potential as its pretty massive.

I have also thought about maybe having a look at Kelvingrove park in the city, I go there with the mountain board and there are some good hill climbs and plenty of areas for a session.. Also the skate park there as well but it is concrete so doubt mine would survive very long LOL

im at oakridge.a bit flat green area around :).i got sakura brushless ,emaxx on titan 750,axial honcho stock :(.unforgently

1.wee one is sick

2.no tx as thr.trim is broken on traxxas and i use it for all of them.last weekend son was crawling in garden and maybe broke .it somehow as i cant get it on 0 :(

so waiting to buy something soon

I use flysky GT3C on the two HPI and the MT4, the Summit I use the stock TX as its 4 channel to do the gear change and diff locks..

The GT3C is great, cheap as chips, but make sure to get GR3C or GR3E receivers as the 3F seems to have pretty bad range issues!

almost done the deal on dx3c.i like how they look.anyway me made offtopic.this week im stuck as my son is sick and "better half " is working,and no cars so maybe next week but almost def in two weeks.depends how will go with tx and rx as need new ones as well.what about robertson park in paisley?

almost done the deal on dx3c.i like how they look.anyway me made offtopic.this week im stuck as my son is sick and "better half " is working,and no cars so maybe next week but almost def in two weeks.depends how will go with tx and rx as need new ones as well.what about robertson park in paisley?

Up on the Braes? I was thinking of taking a trip up there with the summit and having a trek around, not been up there for years since I was up there doing panarama shots - be hard work cycling up that hill though!!!

Paisley_037-M.jpg

DSC_0040-S.jpg

Of course in Paisley there is Barshaw Park, ok for racing about on the grass and there is the BMX track for a bit of jumping.. Also the mock road setup for kids cycles which is a laugh with the Fatshark Attitude FPV goggles :D  Not double checked but I think at the back end past the walled garden there are some piles of soil, rocks, compost etc which might be worth a crawl over.

http://goo.gl/maps/hLpmE

Edited by Louise-Paisley

Not me, nothing was arranged, it just went all quiet LOL

Weather is not exactly inviting either yesterday and today :(

Going to take a cycle ride down to BnQ to get a blow torch today to braze the aluminium angle I bought to make a big trailer, plan is to put trailer on Summit and tow the MT4 or Trophy truggy to the park - just in  case anyone round here does not already think I am a big kid :D

whooo..

Went to get a blowtorch and gas, while I was there I got some cramps, a combination square and as they had lighter gauge aluminium angle I picked up four 1m lengths of 15mm x 15mm x 1.5mm angle.

Came to

• 2 weeks later...