• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Swift & Bold crawler to scaler.

Done a bit more chopping and tinkering..

QxBms0a.jpg

I lowered chassis rails and body mounting I fabricated this gave me a lower body mount point and increased the ground clearance of the skid plate.

I also mounted all electrics up front to give me better weight up front.

I then placed rear shocks at an angle this gave me more articulation on the rear and made for more flex so I plan to add a slight angle to the front shocks..

Mk 4 as it stands

biLaq7B.jpg

I also have now my scout 2.2 up for grabs would like to swap them for some 1.9 ideally.

nN2gNu3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Heres the rig now aka MEAN GREEN ..

SZZyo82.jpg

Still I alot of tinkering to do but its coming to be what I think is a great looking and handling rig..

nc2LZzq.jpg

looking at 35t motor with and change gears to 20t pinion and 80t spur this should give me more wheel speed and plenty of torque.

I am getting biggaz to make me some bumpers (roll bar also fingers crossed) in the near future and plan to add a light bar on the cab roof if not mount to roll bar/cage.

still got water resisting to do so I can hit the odd puddle stay tuned for more thanks for reading.

Edited by Swift_N_Bold

• 2 weeks later...

My hilux aka mean green ..

Interior has been painted and sourced a figure plan to amputate his legs and sit him as a driver.

Also had some stickers made up (decal) these are my own design made by a new friend there in post at present but will post pics when the arrive. (Might have started a new trend)

3ujiLAR.jpg

Also pops rig is coming on nicely hes added some more paint work to his shell chassis plate link arms and wheels.

mGbPCvQ.jpg

Currently in market for a 2s lipo for the green. Then biggaz for the bumper build..:)

• 3 months later...

Well been a while done a few things to the rig and pops has his also and been out a few times with it (love it)

Desided to paint chassis black looks loads better and alot less in your face..

olTSVEN.jpg

Made a winch mount and added winch and key fob controller..

uphyDJ8.jpg

Water proofed all electronics and marine greased all the gears and bearings..

XMtO8fr.jpg

Changed to deans connectors and have a 2s lipo on order for both mine and pops rig..

FISRlg4.jpg

A6fHbj3.jpg

mYOCZU0.jpg