• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ladies and gentleman, i believe i have found heaven

Pistonhead

I present to you Poldice Valley near Redruth, Cornwall. Went down there today on the bikes for some sun, jumps and a good laugh.

Decided it's the perfect place to let the Hyper, Badger and SCX10 play. It may be a three mile ride to get there from the cars, but it's totally worth it as you'll see in the pics. Seeing as the Hyper's poorly again, the Baja will be the car that i test this place out with next weekend if the weather holds

Anyway, i'll let the photos do the talking :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Wow looks awesome place to bash, so jealous.

Yh it beats the crap out of staffs abandoned concrete compounds with 8ft fences around them all lol. Best place I have is the park. Altho I think there's a quarry around here somewhere I drove past it on a lesson. 

If I lived near that place ide ditch rc and buy a kx250 xbike. 

Yh it beats the crap out of staffs abandoned concrete compounds with 8ft fences around them all lol. Best place I have is the park. Altho I think there's a quarry around here somewhere I drove past it on a lesson. 

If I lived near that place ide ditch rc and buy a kx250 xbike. 

Yeh stafford and the surrounding areas are crap I officially hate this place for that reason. We have the chase but from what I've seen its mostly just flat or covered in bushes/ferns/tall grass etc.

• Like 1

Yeh stafford and the surrounding areas are crap I officially hate this place for that reason. We have the chase but from what I've seen its mostly just flat or covered in bushes/ferns/tall grass etc.

Some of the chase is alright, few of the car parks are just about big enough but there's some big rocks about!! I used to go to the punchbowl and the place opposite, but they soon fill up in the decent weather. There's a quarry up by brocton where we used to go biking but haven't been in decades.

Not planning on taking fuel as i think a full tank will be enough to make me happy as it'll be the only rc down there (he says that now lol). But i should be able to put a few basic tools in there and some e clips in case i pop a front wheel off.

Weird thing was, as soon as i got there, even though i was there to have fun on mountain bikes, nearly all i could think about was different lines to take and what sort of speed to attack them with various rigs.

Think we can safely say i have an RC addiction :lol:

May take fuel in case i get 'carried away' :lol:

The new quicrun can't come soon enough for the Hyper though, i'll be able to really show what an rc can do and take :tank:

I've never pussy footed that thing and i don't intend on starting now.

Tried the Baja today, but the terrain is far from Baja friendly and the rocks would shred the rear tyres in minutes. Not to mention, the place is too big to be lugging it round on a mountain bike lol. More suited to the Hyper methinks as i'll be able to launch it off anything i point it at and it's a dam sight easier to carry around to the numerous little spots. And found this little gem of a ramp for entertaining amounts of air time :)pademuqe.jpg

Edited by Pistonhead

• 7 months later...

I'll have to head down there some time, would be a good place for a meetup. I'll wait until the Optimus is fixed though, as it's a long way to go just for the CC01 and the Maverick isn't really strong enough for decent sized jumps.