• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

kyosho Scorpion XXL thread.

Tug

It would seem that there is a handful of members that have got a Scorpion, so I thought it might be good to have a dedicated thread. In here we can share tips etc.

I've not had a chance to do anything with mine, although it is waterproof out of the box, I'm a fair weather basher, so I'll be patient and wait for the sun.

I have fitted T-Bones front and rear, but that's all.

I'll post some pics up later, please share any pics, vids or tips that you have! ;)

Scorpion DBs are also welcome!

Cheers.

Thanks for starting this up tug as am a new scorpion owner this will be great help. Like you only had it short time got my wing toady waiting on t bone bumper and proline rear tyres. Holding off buying new 4s battery for couple of weeks so 3s for the moment. Was gonna save for the new version but got a good deal on new original.

Hope to see some more scorpion owners on here in the weeks to come.

Unlike you though can't wait for the sun hopefully have test run by Saturday at latest .

Cheers

Nice waiting on the same threasher t bone as you ,got email that my tyres have been despatched so happy days .

Mines the black version

Cool! Try to vid it!

Post up any thoughts or findings too! Knowledge shared and all that! ;)

Got any pics yet?

Looks nice mate, what's the hum hum hum on brakimg abs or something. These look great what options on shocks are there they'd look great with some chunky shiney shocks. The one with badlands looks sweet are the fronts easy to swap with 1/8 buggy wheels or is it a funny size. I look forward to seeing these take off in the summer and some vs videos come out. Plus mental mods im sure people already have ideas.

Looks nice mate, what's the hum hum hum on brakimg abs or something. These look great what options on shocks are there they'd look great with some chunky shiney shocks. The one with badlands looks sweet are the fronts easy to swap with 1/8 buggy wheels or is it a funny size. I look forward to seeing these take off in the summer and some vs videos come out. Plus mental mods im sure people already have ideas.

Yeah, it's abs. It's part of the radio gear, not the ESC, so it can be switched off easily. However, with 2wd it's actually quite handy, it stops the car from oversteering when braking into a turn. I'll leave it on for now and see if I like it once I get to actually run it!

The Badlands are a nice grippy tyre, but very soft! They're for dirt and grass only! Tarmac would destroy them in minutes.

My main aim is to fit a 6s ESC, I've got one sorted, hopefully fit it at the weekend. 4s was the voltage you saw in the vid, so already respectably fast, but I'm confident that 5s will be the sweet spot, like with most 1/8s.

Front tyres are it's biggest bugbear, really odd size. I think 1/8 buggy footwear would be too small, I haven't got any to try it with. The new Desert Buggy version would look good with Truggy footwear all round, at least that's my opinion.

Stay tuned.

There are better shocks available, but they're expensive!

Was that controlled by telepathy as you filmed it?

Looks nice.

I think we all get a bit carried away going bigger, more powerful, FASTER!!

That's about right for a 'decent basher' speed.

Al.

Was that controlled by telepathy as you filmed it?

Looks nice.

I think we all get a bit carried away going bigger, more powerful, FASTER!!

That's about right for a 'decent basher' speed.

Al.

Ha ha, that was filmed by my twelve year old. Good lad, did a good job.

Yeah, I'm gonna up the speed, but nothing stratospheric, unlike a certain someone! ;)

Not 8s, I reckon that would quickly kill it...or me....or someone/thing else!. 6s will be a good test of the hardened spur and uprated drive shafts in the kit. Hoping the softer compound rears work ok...

Just got to pull the electrics out of the S5, swap the bec pro for a stock bec and get building... Oh, and decide on colour....Might be dry weather by the time she's built, you know how lazy I am!

Not 8s, I reckon that would quickly kill it...or me....or someone/thing else!. 6s will be a good test of the hardened spur and uprated drive shafts in the kit. Hoping the softer compound rears work ok...

Just got to pull the electrics out of the S5, swap the bec pro for a stock bec and get building... Oh, and decide on colour....Might be dry weather by the time she's built, you know how lazy I am!

You just got too projects on the go, but then again, is it possible to have too many? I think not.

I'm betting 5s is the one to go for. 5s and two or three more teeth on the pinion. The added teeth will add speed AND help control the torque, they're only 2wd after all. Time will tell, weather permitting.

coo-ee, can i join in please??

yep im the proud owner of a black one too

D951AC96-495B-4116-A2A9-E15DA75528E1_zps

right then, this as you already know is a fast rc and i have not anything this fast in quite some time....

so i have a few questions if thats all ok??

t-bone bumpers, i heard of them and seen them but please sell them to me like what advantages would i get from them etc. im all for getting some if i can understand them a little more......

rear wing, is this a necessary hop-up or is it more for show??

tyres is the big one, i need to save up for some tyres or might just wait for the db and see whats what with those....

last off, im quite happy with 4s power for mine, plenty fast enough for me but im used to going slowly :whistling:

oh and if you dont mind tug, would it be possible to add some links to your opening post for such as bumpers, wing, wheels and tyres etc. that way we can use it for a reference point for the future.

got a nice little exclusive club here too, just the four of us as yet :hahadance:

coo-ee, can i join in please??

yep im the proud owner of a black one too

D951AC96-495B-4116-A2A9-E15DA75528E1_zps

right then, this as you already know is a fast rc and i have not anything this fast in quite some time....

so i have a few questions if thats all ok??

t-bone bumpers, i heard of them and seen them but please sell them to me like what advantages would i get from them etc. im all for getting some if i can understand them a little more......

rear wing, is this a necessary hop-up or is it more for show??

tyres is the big one, i need to save up for some tyres or might just wait for the db and see whats what with those....

last off, im quite happy with 4s power for mine, plenty fast enough for me but im used to going slowly :whistling:

oh and if you dont mind tug, would it be possible to add some links to your opening post for such as bumpers, wing, wheels and tyres etc. that way we can use it for a reference point for the future.

got a nice little exclusive club here too, just the four of us as yet :hahadance:

The more the merrier! Cheers for the pics! So what if they're all the same cars? We're enthusiasts, so pics are a must!

T-Bones are available for a wide variety of cars, I think they cover more cars than RPM do for their products. Basically, the T-Bone bumper absorbs a lot of the energy in a front or rear end crash. They help slow the car down before any of the more vital components take a thump. Also worth mentioning their warranty, it's incredible. Break a bumper, take a pic, email it to Andrea at TBR and they send you a new one. That simple. They don't break that easily mind, but cold weather will make them brittle.

I too am looking forward to checking out the new Desert Buggy version, just looks like it needs slightly larger footwear.

I will try to sort some links later. You can buy direct from TBR or use eBay.

ahh thats good then, ill add some to my list, stick up a pick with the wing on mate when you fit it, i think it may look nice and could be tempted into having one of those too :whistling:

Will do, unless someone beats me to it!

Black looks mean... Great to see a picture of yours at last, Gaz.

I ordered the t-bones through eBay, they sent both individually, so two postage costs but no customs... The rear wing is the one for the kyosho inferno, just requires a small amount of trimming to fit...