• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Atomic AMZ 4wd 1:28 mini Z Killer

PurcyP

Got mine today with a nissan body, need to find a lipo that will fit as atomic dont have theirs ready yet :\ typical, but to be honest its not a special lipo just a tiny 2s! ill let pics do talking for now

enjoy

1460995_10153765020130574_1388535396_n.j73377_10153765020030574_2097948898_n.jpg

1010466_10153765019975574_108620559_n.jp

1013131_10153765019930574_778393577_n.jp

1545734_10153765019845574_1801473312_n.j

1546424_10153765019790574_697821703_n.jp

• Like 1

I am glad you are happy with it, but you would have to be seriously into racing to consider the kyosho, but it does look stronger for some reason. Also I look forward to the shell stickered up and on the car. Could you put it next to something for a sense of scale?

Been looking at these on the net for the past few weeks, didn't think they where out yet ! Look great fun !

You've gota appreciate the work that's gone into it. It's not just one big lump of plastic like most micros are. It's a scaled down tourer. I like that shell to ! Get some stickers on it

Are u racing it ?

kyosho mini z racing is more london and north way if anything, couple of other members know more than i do

i purchased it mainly for giggles, something to tinker with and have fun on the living room carpet as per my living room drifting thread. 

The atomic supports all kyosho mini z bodies and the wheel base is adjustable and speaking of that, i need to do so on this nissan

bit of a technique mounting these bodies! 

out the box i think the wheelbase is 100mm roughly 

1005391_10153766980315574_2026860664_n.j

The atomic supports all kyosho mini z bodies and the wheel base is adjustable and speaking of that, i need to do so on this nissan

bit of a technique mounting these bodies! 

out the box i think the wheelbase is 100mm roughly 

1005391_10153766980315574_2026860664_n.j

looks pretty good and thats good to know about the body`s 

just had a quick try to change the wheelbase

all the holes are there to do it

but i guess you gotta change the shaft as well which would explain the other they include in the box 

ill do that tomorrow me thinks 

just had a quick try to change the wheelbase

all the holes are there to do it

but i guess you gotta change the shaft as well which would explain the other they include in the box 

ill do that tomorrow me thinks 

i know when i had my mini-z awd`s they only had one driveshaft which was 98mm and then you had to buy longer spur gears to get the extra length if you wanted the 101 or 102 mm wheel base its good they give you the extra driveshaft instead of having to buy new spur gears 

Ah that's interesting, I'll do some measuring tomorrow and see if changing the shaft does change the wheelbase.

If the shafts are the same length then I guess it's spue gears like what you had to do

A little update

started the shaft changing process, overall very painless its like working on a mini touring car so its all rather familiar! 

which is lovely.

The 2 shafts included in the car are indeed different lengths and the longer wheel base is pre fitted, ill take pictures and measure the shafts later im stopping for now as i am going out but its taken me 10 minutes to get the old shaft out, stick the gears on the new one and ready to move the rear bulk head forward for smaller wheel base. 

overall very pleased at how easy it all is and as said will take pics later with some measurements 

everything is back together with the 94mm wheel base

shell looks better with it now, 

will wait for my batteries to turn up and then decide what to do wheel wise in regards to offset etc. 

will also look into greasing the shocks properly and seeing about locking the diffs for drifty doodle fun

Batteries from hobbyking arrived

nanotech 300mah 35c batt for e micro flite is perfect fit,

first time driving it?

wow what a fun little machine, absolutely brilliant around the living room, not too fast, not slow at all...

absolutely loving this, pick one up if you can, great fun!