• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best Lipo battery connector

Robcopland

I have just purchased some Lipo turnigy batteries and before I start swapping all the battery and ESC terminals, I just wonder what seems to be the best connection to be using?

I will be moving over to the brushless motor and ESC soon as it arrives shortly and I've heard stories of connector melting due to extra heat etc so I thought I'd ask your opinions.

Thanks

Rob.

Bullets are easier to solder, in my experience, found deans very fiddly and messy...

The thing with turnigy packs is that they use different connectors across the range; so, if you are buying packs with the same connector every time (deans, bullets etc), then it makes sense to match your ESC and charging cables to suit-minimal amount of cost and faffing, swapping the connectors on each subsequent pack you buy.

Might have to nip in the modelsport and pay them to do it!!!

Deans all the way mate. No problem fitting them with a good 'iron. And don't forget to use heatshrink. Are you near Basingstoke?

if he is it's a fair drive to MS

I use XT90s on all my gear, rated to 90A so no worries about them melting, I got them on all my lipos 2s, 3s, & 4s that way I can use them in all my cars, savage xs to savage hp.

I'm wary of bullets as one mistake & boom (my son uses the cars too)

Another vote for XT60 / XT90

- Decent size to grip to seperate / join. Secure once connected

-Bullet style interface between connectors

- Round "buckets" for soldering are a doddle compared to deans.

- Heatshrink fits nicely.

Basically bullets but a lot harder to short.... I won't say impossible as it'll be fate.

• Like 1