• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Please help with choosing the upgrade for TT01-E

billyupnorf

Yup, be a shame to have the new kit suffer damage for the sake of a pair of connectors, really. You may as well just drop the kit in a pan of boiling oil, the effect will be similar...

The ec3 will be sufficient, aren't expensive, and as noted, are very easy to solder (cos they are bullets, which then push into the plastic casing).

if I change the connector on he car does that mean I would need to cut the battery connector and solder a new on that too? What kind of connectors would recommend that's easy to change and not too much on cost. I was looking at this battery here http://www.modelsport.co.uk/orion-sport-power-pack-4500-7.2v-/rc-car-products/37587

My thinking was it's same connector as the current charger so no need for a new charger, but this battery has a higher mah as my current one is 2000mah

if you change one connector you will have to change the lot mate. so car, battery(s) charger

and as said before look for the losi EC3, hobbyking sell them in bags of 10 male and 10 female for a few quid

they are the same to solder as the bullets you have just soldered onto your motor wires so easy peasy

i use those battery's myself so i recommend them :thumbsup:

if you change one connector you will have to change the lot mate. so car, battery(s) charger

and as said before look for the losi EC3, hobbyking sell them in bags of 10 male and 10 female for a few quid

they are the same to solder as the bullets you have just soldered onto your motor wires so easy peasy

i use those battery's myself so i recommend them :thumbsup:

Would you have a link by any chance? I just googled some and they do look fairly straight forward replacement

if I change the connector on he car does that mean I would need to cut the battery connector and solder a new on that too? What kind of connectors would recommend that's easy to change and not too much on cost. I was looking at this battery here http://www.modelsport.co.uk/orion-sport-power-pack-4500-7.2v-/rc-car-products/37587

My thinking was it's same connector as the current charger so no need for a new charger, but this battery has a higher mah as my current one is 2000mah

You could just get an adaptor wire for the charger rather than cutting off and soldering on new one

Link Here

EDIT: oops, just noticed that they are out of stock, :whistling: may as well just solder on new ones   :thumbsup:

Edited by BigBadJFly