• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Trackstar Gen II 150a esc

MAZ

Just came across this on the hobbyking site: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__33984__Turnigy_Trackstar_150A_GenII_1_8th_Scale_Sensored_Brushless_Car_ESC_PC_Programmable.html

*link sorted so I don't look like a total spaz ;)

Just wondered if anyone was using them?

I read that the older ones were a bit hit and miss - problems with the bec etc. I just wondered if this was actually any better?

Eventually I'll be buying a new esc for my MTA4 conversion but I'll probably stick with the Hobbywing esc's as I run 2 of them already.

You never know though, if these any good I might be tempted :)

Edited by MAZ

Not had good reliability from trackys so far...

plus its naf and horrid to have to solder in your own leads to those nasty bullets ...eugh....Stick with Hobbyqueen Marion  :thumbsup:

The power button does look nice though...

I guess its all down to whatever turns you on

Haha!

I'll get my coat....

HK150 has always been a strong ESC for me :) bit chunky but can literally take the most severe of beatings and lives to tell the tale, took me over 2 years to kill my first one and that was me being a plum.

I ignore the warning of 'not to be used with a 4 pole motor' runs my leopard perfectly in my XT2E.

Edited by NuttyProfessor

Yes it is the same, just repackaged for Hobbyking (likely with inferior grade plastics and heatsink to keep the price down).

I've found the HK X-car series work OK, but both my Trackstar ESCs have failed very quickly.

I would agree that for the small extra money getting an HW150A V3 is better. I got mine from RCgeeks and it even had motor connectors and twin Deans soldered on. Latest V3.1 firmware has largely sorted the problem with 4-pole sensored motors (Some Tenshock motors are still a problem). If you are running Sensorless then there never was any problem with 4 pole motors. I can confirm this as I am running it in my DEX408 with a 4 pole sensored motor. Only downside is some HW150's are confused if you apply an odd cell count.

• Like 2

Yep  LVC was a bummer and some would never auto detect cells so quite often it would just shut down on a full pack for no reason so i heard.. If this ones any where near the same i'd save your cash and get the Hobbywing..

To top it all off customer service is the worst i have dealt with in a while

You never know thou perhaps they have fixed the bugs in this version ?? but i won't be in any hurry to find out that's for sure :yes:   

Yep LVC was a bummer and some would never auto detect cells so quite often it would just shut down on a full pack for no reason so i heard.. If this ones any where near the same i'd save your cash and get the Hobbywing..

To top it all off customer service is the worst i have dealt with in a while

You never know thou perhaps they have fixed the bugs in this version ?? but i won't be in any hurry to find out that's for sure :yes:

As Homer Simpson asked, "can't somebody else do it?"! ;)