• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Mtroniks IP6 ESC

Garry

IP6%20logo.jpg

IP6.jpg

Competition Forwards Only Car ESC

Fully programmable competition forwards and brake ESC.

100% Waterproof

No motor limit

4 to 7 cells operating voltage (1.2VDC/cell)

Selectable drive frequency from 1.5KHz to 11.0KHz

5.6V /8.0Amp BEC (0.08V drop out @ 6A)

Maximum current rating, 2640Amps

Continuous current rating, 660Amps

Dimensions : L33.0mm x W25.0mm x H15.5mm

Weight : 20.0g

After having concentrated for the last few years on the development of brushless sensorless speed controllers and having invested heavily in that technology, Mtroniks now has an unparalleled understanding of both brushed and brushless motor technology. Brushed motor technology has however continued and it is this coupled to the ever more powerful batteries that are available that has led our design team to develop the all new IP6 speed controller. The thinking behind this new controller is somewhat different to any of our previous high end controllers. The current handling capacity of the IP6 is 300% higher than the out going Cirrus PRO ESC.

Mtroniks was the first manufacturer to offer a commercial high frequency controller back in 1996. The CM900VHF could operate up to 12KHz and was clearly years ahead of its time. We are therefore already familiar with high frequencies and understand very well the need for them. The IP6 sees the return of frequencies up to 11KHz to help motors run cooler and reduce brush wear. Of course the IP6 incorporates our legendary 100% waterproof construction with a small, lightweight package. The set-up procedure has been developed with the help of many drivers and industry professionals and is now easier to understand and faster to program. In all, the IP6 represents our most significant move forward in high end controller design for many years. We very much hope the IP6 will bring you enjoyment and success in your racing.

Code: MT0906

Price £129.99

Source: Mtroniks

• 1 year later...

hi garry, i seem to be having a problem with my ip6 esc, without the motor wired to it everything is fine, as soon as i solder the motor to the esc the lights start flashing and the motor goes to full throttle forwards, you can still control the servo but the motor stays fully locked in full throttle, i have tried 3 different motors with the same result.

i dont know what could be causing it, have you ever heard of this?

thanks richard

One of two things, either:

the ESC hasn't had an initial setup done correctly

or

there's a short somewhere and one of the FET's has blown.

If its the second thing, then it needs to go back to Mtroniks for them to have a look at.

One of two things, either:

the ESC hasn't had an initial setup done correctly

or

there's a short somewhere and one of the FET's has blown.

If its the second thing, then it needs to go back to Mtroniks for them to have a look at.

its probably the 1st suggestion, better go and read the intrustions over again :lol: