• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

4 pole motors on sensored ESCs

ninjagaiden

Guys,

I decided I wanted to go with a 1:8 sensored setup for my new 1:8 truggy. I ordered the Turnigy Trackstar 2100kv sensored motor. I thought that it's a shorter and fatter 4270 can, with 4 poles for better efficiency, and I would be happy to take a punt on it for

I could do, but that kind of defeats the object. I wanted to see how smooth a 1:8 sensored setup can be.

I am figuring I will have to go with an HW XERUN 150A sensored ESC, as this is actually sold as a sensored combo with a 4 pole 4274 sensored motor.

IMO....running sensored in a high voltage setup on 8th scale wouldnt really be worth it.....

it sounds like you are looking for scary fun speeds and mahyem (a man after my own heart !)

My truggy runs 5s unsensored and I've not noticed any issues with throttle response at lower speeds or braking...

I may be wrong but i thought sensored setups are for more sensitive RCs like race spec stuff or drifting...

I find my Xerun ESC very smooth at low speed, not quite as good as CC, but good all the same.

I'm waiting on delivery of an 1800 kv sensored motor, I'll be pairing this with the Xerun, I'll let you know how much smoother it is, if it is at all.

Yep it's  only for the low speed stuff, amking the most of all that torque at low RPMs. Ideally I'd have a Tekin RX8 with its clever dual drive thingywhatsit that switches to sensorless operation at speed, but they aren't cheap are they!