• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

4WheelRC's SCX10 build thread: 'Project Lighting'.

4WheelRC

Hello folks, thought I'd share my SCX10 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon build with you, so here is a thread for it... But it has gotten off to a really bad start :shockingscary:

Shopping list of parts to save others time finding them (will update here as each build video is released so this will become a complete list of parts):

Kit & Electronics:

• 1 x AX90027 Axial SCX10 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD Kit.
  • 1 x R615/28554 OrangeRx R615 Spektrum/JR DSM2 Compatible 6Ch 2.4Ghz Receiver.
  • 1 x #3224 Novak Timbuk2 / Ballistic Brushless System
Edited by 4WheelRC
  • Like 2

wow, great vid fella, you got my attention :popc1:

I am honoured to have your attention Gaz (btw found your info here most useful: http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/166849-axial-scx10-4-link-parts-list-and-install/ - might pick your brains on 4-link front links if my plans don't work out).

Guess I'd better make a good edit of the next few vids  :thumbsup:

Edited by 4WheelRC
  • Like 1

Quick update for y'all: Strider and his evil minions have been working me hard: Rolling chassis just finished, some 4,800 timelapse photos later! I'm off to review them, then get some sound effects into a couple of videos, which I will post when done. For now...

gallery_30889_2994_312476.jpg

gallery_30889_2994_165853.jpg

gallery_30889_2994_102039.jpg

Where do you get the green measuring mats from?

Ta

Hi Yoodoo, it is a "A1 Self Healing Cutting Mat 60 Cm x 90 CM x 3 MM" that I got on eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A1-Self-Healing-Cutting-Mat-60-Cm-x-90-CM-x-3-MM-from-Chronos-/370669124444?pt=UK_Papercraft_Tools_Accessories_2&hash=item564d99fb5c)

Axial SCX10 Rubicon Build Pt2: Evil Oversight... Having taken over 4WheelRC's facilities & staff, Strider begins his evil plan:

Watch for the final part of the chassis build - coming soon: The good Minions under orders from Katniss & Peeta begin a plan to recover the SCX10 :)

FYI: Edited this post to change the YouTube link to v2 of this video (slightly better render & image quality).

Edited by 4WheelRC
  • Like 2

once again, fantastic vid!! :sweeeet:  :sweeeet:

if your truck ends up as good as your vids it will be a cracker!! :yes:  :yes:

if you do need any help/advice along the way, please feel free to give me a shout, ill always help wherever possible :thumbsup:

once again, fantastic vid!! :sweeeet:  :sweeeet:

if your truck ends up as good as your vids it will be a cracker!! :yes:  :yes:

if you do need any help/advice along the way, please feel free to give me a shout, ill always help wherever possible :thumbsup:

Cheers Gaz :thumbsup:   I am happy (& perhaps a tab embarrassed) to say that I hope this build will be awesome, as I have spent months & months researching the SCX10, scale accessories etc.. In particular remote controlled lighting, which my build is going to have in spades, while still trying to keep everything very scale.

Once I have completed the initial 'stolen kit' story and it has been 'rescued' by the goodies (still shooting this), it will be on to hop-up city, including some lovely HeyOKPerformance controllers, a 6 channel Rx and... well, best not list it all here, otherwise the wife could work out what I have spent! :blush:

I'm waiting on parts to 4-link the front and convert the rear uppers to alloy. If my guesstimate of parts involved doesn't work out I might come asking. Hope to meet you at an event some time in the future  :)

I have the same 'precision screwdriver set' as you (at 0:45 in 2nd video)!!!!  :insane:

... oh, and good video by the way   :D

Same screw driver set and we both live in Surrey - Steady, folks will talk! ;)

Anyone got a good solution to stop the rubbish Axial shocks leaking?... They 2012 JK Rubicon I am building has these shocks and I did the rolling chassis a week ago; since then it has been on axle stands waiting on me having some more time. I got the ESC working today and ran it in my lounge for all of 2 minutes and the bump stops on the front shocks are covered with oil and there are also signs of oil on the rears :sadwalk:

Searching t'internet it looks as if leaking Axial shocks are a strangely accepted norm! Really :angrymad:

Is it worth trying any other o-rings in the Axial shocks (either from another manufacturer, or using a 3rd o-ring instead of the plastic spacer), or should I just stump up the 

Edited by 4WheelRC

try the orange tamiya "o" rings, they are much better but if you want new shocks the g-made are good from what i have heard although they are expensive  :shockingscary:

Thanks Gaz, I'll look into the Tamiya O-rings as I need to get the stock Axial shocks 'fixed' as I was planning on selling them to fund my weakness :blush: ...

gallery_30889_2994_128585.jpg

Edited by 4WheelRC

I'm currently editing part 2 of the time lapse rolling chassis build and hope to update it soon  :)  Couple of update pictures for you...

gallery_30889_2994_46201.jpg

gallery_30889_2994_115691.jpg

Edited by 4WheelRC