• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Turnigy sct 2wd build :)

Brett92

built one of these the other day with my mate and just fell in love with the way it drives so yeah, ended up with this in my living room...

APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE FOR TERRIBLE CAMERA QUALITY, BUT AT LEAST THEYRE PICTURES :) enjoy

1-1.jpg

thats all im posting at the moment untill my damn water heats up so i can have a bath, ended up running a cold one :D eventful day lol

Edited by Brett92

its a teaser ;) i cant let u be seeing the goods before i get to play lol, opened box to check everything was there and leaving it untill i manage to get in the bath >.< just thought id post it up to keep u waiting 

right, everything bagged up as they come, including the servo i bought.. 

2.jpg

shell and wheels arent there because the shells so flipping big it ttakes up most the table, but pics will come later, going to get started soon ^^

• Like 1

Stage/Bag 1:

contents -

threadlock

shock oil

grease

differential

3.jpg

its a little fiddly to put together, small needle nose pliers were needed but not a problem, the outdrives are sealed between the diff by an o-ring and the diff seems to be for grease only, theres no gasket between the 2 pieces so im not sure if silicon oil would stay in without leaking or not

4.jpg

mucky mucky grease!

5.jpg

and the finished product :)

6.jpg

apologies for poor camera quality :) now for a cuppa and the next part

im with ya bud, cant wait to see the finished article. i love scts and am hopin to be able to get a nitro sct after the weekend. i dont think you could put sillicone in them diffs without a gasket of some kind but it depends how tight the seal is

i was thinking about using gasket sealant to be fair, on old british engines ive just used gasket sealant and cotton wool to seal the side casings and works a treat, but im gonna stick to the grease for now, maybe chuck some moly grease in after i built the lot if i can dig some out

right, 3 stages in this post, so ill get right to it..

stage 2:

contents-

gearbox assembly

motor mount

spur gear & slipper clutch

7.jpg

left side gearbox housing with gears and diff installed

8.jpg

greased up (doesnt look like much in pic but i assure u theres plenty in there) and silky smooooooth

9.jpg

gearbox put together with motor mount installed

10.jpg

slipper clutch assembled and mounted, does anybody know what pitch this is?

11.jpg

dust cover bolted on, also has a neat little bung in there to adjust the slipper clutch easily with a wheel wrench

12.jpg

stage 3:

contents-

front bulkhead

front arms

front hubs & axles

13.jpg

suspension mounts screwed onto arms, camber links assembled, ball joints fitted into hubs and carriers, and axles built up in the hubs.. i quite like these front axles, just like any other 2wd front axles really, twin bearing inside the hub, spacer on the outside of axle, then the pin, and then 12mm hex, built quite sturdy feels nice and solid and once again, smooooooooooooth

14.jpg

front end chucked together, nice wide stance on this car

15.jpg

stage 4:

contents-

servo saver assembly

16.jpg

toe links assembled, servo saver built, and balljoints fitted

17.jpg

everything chucked together, for the price of this car it may not be the best, but its definately quality.. really like the steering setup on this

18.jpg

Edited by Brett92

hes running round banging my wheels off everything lol, and ive fixed it now mate cheers  :thumbsup:

gonna stop building for a little bit, any questions or if anybody wants more detailed pics of stuff before it goes any further, speak now or forever hold your tongue :P

Looks good I've got the desert buggy of this, I to am really impressed with how well they handle! Just wish they were a bit stronger. :(

thats why i bought the sct, more protection from the bumpers and huuuuuge shell, i think im gonna be a bit conservative with this to be honest rather than just thrashing it... it looks like their plastic will take well to super glue though, so u never know..

will just see how things go with it

from my experience with my 1:16ths from turnigy, build quality is pretty good (apart from where they skimp in the wrong places) and plstics are not the weakest out there. aslong as they didnt skimp out on important parts like dog cups and hinge pin brackets, you should be ok if you dont push it too hard. when i take my sct out, i have to keep reminding myself that its a turnigy and wont take much to break it lol

ah i know what u mean, these are a decent size though and plastic doesnt seem bad at all, could do with a bit more flex in it, but not moaning for the price

ah i know what u mean, these are a decent size though and plastic doesnt seem bad at all, could do with a bit more flex in it, but not moaning for the price

thats it mate, its a bit of cheap fun, not a do all basher. if you want an indestructable basher - get a savage lol