• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shumacher lc racing EMB-1

silone74

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I took the truggy to a local bashing spot in the summer and really struggled for grip with the standard truggy wheels. Its a very loose sandy dusty dirt surface. I do ok with the 1/8th truggy, with proline bowties/holeshot combo. but the weight and size of the car probably helps to a point.

I have a spare set of the truggy wheels, so ive been looking for 10th scale buggy rears with some chunky tread which hopefully might be better. The best option i can find, which arent really pricey. is the schumacher mini spike. 

I also spotted these from fastrax:

image.thumb.png.249cc14980d55f6fd68b948c2414d338.png

They look like the have an offset, but they dont state what it is. i emailed them but they "dont have this information", which is helpful. dont think LC racing state the offset either, but i could measure it from the ones i have.

Has anyone tried them?

LC racing now seem to have a "heavy duty" truggy tyre, which would probably be better than the standard, but it still looks fairly shallow.

I saw someone state a few pages ago, that the monster truck wheels and tyres are the same outer diameter as the truggy tyres, can someone confirm this? or have i misunderstood?

Anyone got any better suggestions?

Thanks

The Monster Truck wheels/tyres I have are indeed the same outer size as the wheels that came with my truggy. From memory I think the offset is pretty much the same as well.

Fastrax have a couple of options that might be worth looking at if you want something with a fairly aggressive grip pattern for a loose/dusty surface. Fairly sure these are within a few mm of the size of the stock truggy wheels (though no idea if the offset is similar).

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/fastrax-1-16-jigsaw-tyres-mounted-on-8-spoke-black-wheels-2--425944

spacer.png

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/fastrax-1-16-stinger-tyres-mounted-on-8-spoke-black-wheels-2--425946

fast1302b-1.jpg

Ok, so the tyres that @BigGinge suggested, apparently weigh around 190 - 200g for a pair in the packet. The Standard LC racing truggy tyres weigh 120g a pair in the packet.

I have some LC truggy wheels with schumacher venom tyres on that weigh 76g each (no packaging), and its fine with those. So double that (152g) and add a bit for a bag (5-10g maybe if it also has a card label), and we probably arent that far off. Outer diameter seems about the same. Offset is a mystery as usual but it seems like they will stick out more than the standard ones.

What do we think guys? Will they be worth a try? if so, Jigsaw or stinger?

• 11 months later...

A belated but none the less Happy New Year to you all!

Right then, reviving this thread as I am back in the game... The last time I I posted (back in 2021, I think...) I was waiting on the LC 1/14 Truggy to come back into stock at DMS, which it never did (or at least I gave up checking, it was that long a wait...) My initial preference was for the 'Pro' kit version of the truggy, which you if you refer back to my previous comments, I took delivery of, but found to my disappointment that LC Racing had changed the spec of the kit, and omitted the 60a ESC, amongst other things. I returned the kit and put my myself on waiting list for the RTR version, which also failed to materialise (slow boat from China etc) and in the end just gave up.

Fast forward to last week, itching for something to do, as it's too cold to shoot (one of my other passions is airgun benchrest target shooting) and I happen to hit the DMS site once again and, wait... what's this... an EMB-TG Pro kit in stock... the last one in fact... and now including the 60a ESC, and the previously omitted 'hop ups'... Yes please! I collected it from DMS at one of the their trackside meets in Watford last weekend, along with 4 x LC Racing Monster Truck wheels/tyres, which I was assured will fit the Truggy. Comparing them side by side, they are a very close match in terms of width, and diameter (the Monster wheels are smaller, but the tyres larger) DMS also appear to have the stock 2850 motor in stock too.

The price for the Pro kit has risen by £10, but considering the inclusion of the 60a ESC, and other uprated bits that are included, it's unlikely you could do better by purchasing the base kit and souring the remaining parts separately.

I'll get round to building it at some stage, and will of course let you know how I get on etc 😁👍

Edited by Rebel158
  • Like 1

Thanks mate. The challenge now will be building it... I'm technically minded, but fat fingered... 😅

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of a chassis skin that will fit the LC truggy? Or perhaps the equivalent WL Toys model?

• 2 weeks later...