• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shumacher lc racing EMB-1

silone74

Hi I have seen these mentioned on an other forum has any one got one or know any one with one that could do a little reveiw on it,I am interested to see how it compares to the mini 8.

Cheers

Si

Seriously thought about one but having got to see one first hand, they went off the list again.

For an out of the box basher, the RTR one scrimps the spec compared with the kit version (plastic chassis, not ally for a start) which doesn't feel like good value when the proven Mini8 is less than 20quid more. It does look a lot funkier than the Mini8 (to my eyes anyway!) but the whole spindle / c-hub area up front is much smaller than a mini8 which did nothing to ease worries that they're a weak point after reading up about them on the web.

If it's for racing, then the kit version would definitely be the better starting point but at about 30quid more than the new Carisma GTB it's not looking much like good value against the competition again....

I still fancy the SCT version because they're isn't really anything else like it (and I like trucks) but probably won't chance it until the parts supply is sorted out and the long rumoured ally upgrades are finally available  :thumbsup:

Great,thanks for that. I can only think a better comparison could be made with the kit version when all parts and hop ups are readily available but the rtr has not really got a chance to compare with the plastic chassis.

Si

• 2 weeks later...

Looking on other sites again there is one person claiming the motor in the emb is 4 pole but i cannot find this quoted on lc racing site its self only its a 2838 size, has any one tried it in an m8?

Si

• 3 weeks later...

I've just order a kit, it looks awesome :)

I'm planning to run a Black Mantis 2846 4200kv, Ezrun 35a and Gens Ace 1800mah 2s

I'll post some pics when I start the build ;)

Get a build thread up, be interesting to see a micro build 

Will do, watch this space :lol:

Your getting a Schumacher and a Carisma then? (seeing your post on UK-Micro RC)

One handy thing (and the only thing better than the GTB is the shocks, imo of course) These are silky smooth and the best Micro Shocks i have ever tried (includes Mini 8, Carisma Pro, and kit Carisma Shocks)

Where are you planning on racing (if you plan to race?)

I did order a GTB and it went onto backorder, so i got the hump and ordered the EMB instead :lol:

I'm getting one just for something different to use at my local 1/10th track, I may race at other tracks in the future, but at the moment all my free time goes into 1/10th racing. I used to have a LRP Shark LWB and a few other members of my club have them and M8's, it makes an interesting second class on race days :)

Edited by .AJ.

I did order a GTB and it went onto backorder, so i got the hump and ordered the EMB instead :lol:

I'm getting one just for something different to use at my local 1/10th track, I may race at other tracks in the future, but at the moment all my free time goes into 1/10th racing. I used to have a LRP Shark LWB and a few other members of my club have them and M8's, it makes an interesting second class on race days :)

Did you buy the Kit one or the RTR one?

If so the RTR one has plastic shocks and need changing asap :)

I am watching with interest,I like these,I have a mini 8 and very interested in the comparison.

Si

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a rtr emb off of ebay at a silly price with a spare alloy chassis almost complete roller,spare new shell and wing too, I have ordered parts this morning to get it to the kit standard including cf front and rear towers ( thanks to .AJ. for the info for those). I will be stripping and swapping things around and when complete I will give it a good comparison test against my mini 8. First impressions of the car are pretty good even though the rtr has composite parts its build quality looks to be strong and really well put together.

Si

• Like 1

Just have to say I ordered parts from schumacher yesterday morning they are here this morning,waiting on the cf towers and some cf vinyl wrap I am going to make a chassis protector for it so may as well wait while that arrives when the chassis is off.

Si

Just been talking to Matt at Secrets of Speed and he will will have a Top Deck and Steering Drag link for sale in the shop sometime next week, needless to say I will be having a set ;)

Edited by .AJ.

Nice one,I got my towers from them today and I have no ball sets the right legnth,on the rtr there all the same as they screw into the composite towers they dont need to be longer than the others lol I was nearly done too sods law thats the only spares I haven't got. I took a pic of the m8 and the emb before I started stripping it I will upload it.

Looking good mate

A quick point on the rear carbon tower for the EMB-1, to get the tower to sit straight I had to put some 3mm spacers in between the tower and bulkhead, but only at the higher mounting point, I also had to open up the holes in the tower a little as well for the screws to go through.

e05526409f273cacf733c6637ac4ccaf_zpsefff

:)