• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thunder Tiger ST4 G3/MT4 G3/EB4 G3 Owners Thread

Hey guys

I was wondering, anybody has any views/experience with this truggy? I used to own the buggy version which was my best offroader ever and now I'm thinking of buying this one... 

Is there any thing else better than this for a 300

Edited by catalin4u24

Simple answer NO i dont have this but i have the MT4 g3 which this is apart from a few difference's..  I would buy this over any other truggy in and around its price range for sure.. As for the buggy been after one for an age old but they never seem to come in stock now days been waiting months on one  

Was seriously considering getting one of these before I ended up converting a Hyper ST. Read quite a few reviews....and hte only bad things anyone reported on these was very soft shock towers that bent too easily. There are quite a few 'fixes' listed on the Thunder Tiger forums for the problems, ranging from doubling up towers to replacements....so it's not a major issue.

I wasn;t sure about the 80A ESC, as the very similar truck version gets better electrics, but they seem to be up to the job and I didn;t find any real horror stories involving smoke and flames. It's the same basic truck as the MT4 G3 and buggy...which in turn are based on the old Thunder Tiger ST-1 front and back ends. Well proven and very solid. Would have happily bought either truggy or truck version

Ultimately....the deal breaker for me was the fact that nobody had one to sell to me!

If there had been stock....I would have had one.

In keeping with the theme of this thread.... I don't own one either :P

But a mate got one back in January and now there's three of my mates running them which has got to be some recommendation.

One of them even admitted that he hasn't taken his beloved slash 4x4 out since he got it :o

From what I've seen, theyre tough, they're cheap (for a decent 1/8) and the upgrades aren't bank breaking.

Well, after watching hours of reviews and bashing vids on YouTube I decided the best option remains the TT ST4 G3 so I placed my order and can't wait to receive it... At least I used to own the buggy version of this chassis and it was flawless, never broke anything on it... so I'm guessing the Truggy should be the same maybe even better.

The Apache C1, people say it's way too heavy, easy to rollover, not so jumpy friendly so I said pass...

Will keep you guys updated when I get my new truggy :)

Happy days

Sent from Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

only bad things anyone reported on these was very soft shock towers that bent too easily. There are quite a few 'fixes' listed on the Thunder Tiger forums for the problems, ranging from doubling up towers to replacements....so it's not a major issue.

Yeah mate. Found the shock tower on stock in UK:

http://nitrohopups.com/rc/product/spares/st1-rear-shock-tower-pd2350

I'll just order it and double the shock tower right from the start. Fit in there some longer screws and off I go!

Just fixed some old Proline Badlands MT tyres which I exploded with the EB4 buggy because of using then with the foams full of water... now they are ready to go! superglued and taped ;)

Can't wait for the truggy to show up.... 

I have a feeling I'll replace the esc with the hobbywing sc8 waterproof... then waterproof the servo and the receiver with plastidip !

Awesome glad you got one still waiting on the EB4 to come back in stock.. I'd get the 150a hobbywing esc over the sc8 as you can run upto 6s then !!!!! 

I know about the 6s mate but belive me, if this truck is as fast as the buggy was on 4s, it is more than enough for me  :thumbsup:

... and of course if the motor runs cool enough I could always go up a tooth for a higher top speed ;) or just fit a fan in there...

Hmm... looking already for upgrades. With the rear shock tower I'll just double it up. Alu shocks on ebay, lots of them. T-Bone racing bumpers... they don't have them on the list for the ST4... wondering if the one's for ST1 nitro truggy will fit?! I guess I'll just buy them and if they don't fit I'll just drill some holes my self :D

And by the way, why don't you tell us here what you like and what you don't like about the MT4? Some pics will be awesome as well !

All ready have a thread on my MT4 g3 with a fair few pics and what not.. St1 bumpers fit as the mt4 eb4 andt the st4 all share the same diff case .. alloy diff cups can be had from innovative rc and some other alloy bits for the st1 can be had from asiatees .. If its anything like the mt4 it will just suffer weak hinge pins put just swap them out for some hpi ones and if need be give them a little trim down ..Give the truck a good once over and shim any slop out check the bolts and apply some threadlock if needed pinion may need some !!!! 

Don't see why more folks don't jump on the thunder tiger stuff i know parts can be a pain in the backside sometimes but a good place in the States for parts is philshobby if you get stuck.. There as tough as old boots and great value for money i think, must be pretty good as the lack of upgrades needed .. If you make an order for t bones i'll have a set of you !! 

• Like 1

If you make an order for t bones i'll have a set of you !! 

Sure thing sir !

See, that's what I wanted to hear! A lot of good information there, cheers buddy! 

I will have a look right now on asiatees.

On monday I'll make the order from T-Bone Racing, will keep you updated ! 

So you're positive that the bumpers for EB4 fit as well? Cause they have better design for the EB4 than the ST1 so I mite go for EB4 style I think...

I see you've got the Trophy Truggy Flux, how is it compared to the MT4?

Edited by catalin4u24

Sure thing sir !

See, that's what I wanted to hear! A lot of good information there, cheers buddy! 

I will have a look right now on asiatees.

On monday I'll make the order from T-Bone Racing, will keep you updated ! 

So you're positive that the bumpers for EB4 fit as well? Cause they have better design for the EB4 than the ST1 so I mite go for EB4 style I think...

I shall double check on wondertiger but i'm sure there the same 

Just double checked to be sure and yes they share the same trans case so they should fit but looking on the t bone site the look like they mount different to the mt4 and the st1 so maybe the EB4's are not quite the same and going on this id double check if they fit the st4.. Just to be safe fire of a quick email and see what they say that's your best bet 

As for the buggy been after one for an age old but they never seem to come in stock now days been waiting months on one  

Found you one in South Wales.... Australia  :tease:

Go for it mate! While you can 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Thunder-Tiger-EB-4-G3-/190820272876

Cheaper here:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-1-8-THUNDER-TIGER-EB4-G3-BRUSHLESS-2-4Ghz-RC-BUGGY-RTR-4WD-OFF-ROAD-BLUE-/390524450020

They have 7 in stock

Don't know about the shipping cost though... 

Edited by catalin4u24

Just double checked to be sure and yes they share the same trans case so they should fit but looking on the t bone site the look like they mount different to the mt4 and the st1 so maybe the EB4's are not quite the same and going on this id double check if they fit the st4.. Just to be safe fire of a quick email and see what they say that's your best bet 

Hey mate, to the left it's my EB4 with T-Bones and to the right it's an ST4. 

By the looks of it, I'd say it's a direct fit  :thumbsup:

What do you say??

EB4_VS_ST4.jpg

I'd say your about right fella and give it a go why not ..That's pretty much the look i was going for on my EB4 when i get one as well =  Monsterzillasctrugbuggy affair right up my street that what size are those badlands  ?? 

Thanks for finding the eb4's thou what do you reckon on postage under

I'd say your about right fella and give it a go why not ..That's pretty much the look i was going for on my EB4 when i get one as well =  Monsterzillasctrugbuggy affair right up my street that what size are those badlands  ?? 

Thanks for finding the eb4's thou what do you reckon on postage under