• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hip baja carb setting wt 668 help

gazer

Moved your thread for you...

Base settings are:

LSN ... 1.5 turns out from fully closed

HSN .... 1.25 turns out from fully closed

These are a start point, and always will need tweaking to suit pipe/filter/whatever. Keep an eye on your plug colour and listen to how well the motor is running at the various throttle positions.

• 1 year later...

Each motor will vary very slightly and a bit of fine tuning will get you where you need to be.

Both are pretty close.

A tuned pipe and/or motor will probably mean slightly richer settings as well.

Some carbs, such as the 813 need leaning off from that setting a little I generally find, unless you're running a tuned motor / pipe.

Al.

Each motor will vary very slightly and a bit of fine tuning will get you where you need to be.

Both are pretty close.

A tuned pipe and/or motor will probably mean slightly richer settings as well.

Some carbs, such as the 813 need leaning off from that setting a little I generally find, unless you're running a tuned motor / pipe.

Al.

My setup is a CY F270 engine, DDM Dom silenced & 688 carb, any suggestions on a base setting?

The basic settings will get you close, then follow basic tuning guides.

You'll be fine - probably a bit deaf, as it can mean revving to max with the wheels off the ground!!

Different air filter, pipe, engine .... these can all make small differences, but not much.

Al.

Nitros YES - you will over-rev them.

Once warmed up - correct me if I'm wrong - but nearly every experienced 'tuner' I've come across says the same thing. They're weed-whacker motors, albeit a bit modified and can take full beans.

You're only talking a few seconds anyway.

Al.