• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rival Monster Truck ( e-MGT)

Mr. Doktor

http://www.teamassociated.com/cars_and_trucks/Rival_Monster_Truck/RTR/

Rival Monster Truck Ready-To-Run

Brushless Powered Electric Monster Truck

Turn your backyard into your own car-crunching, ramp-flying, monster truck arena!

Team Associated is proud to bring to you the Rival Monster Truck - a Ready-To-Run brushless-powered, 4WD monster truck in the Qualifier Series! The Rival comes ready to crush the competition with many high-performance features, including the XP 2.4GHz radio system, a Reedy brushless power system, and two 7-cell 8.4 volt Reedy WolfPack batteries wired with Deans

been looking at this for the past few days , i really like the styling and shell tbh , just need a price for it , i know its released in april though lol

edit cheers nick lol haha , i couldn;t find it yesterday

what amp is the esc ?

Edited by mixmasterjay

the thunder tiger sledge hammer is smaller than the rival

thunder tiger

Specifications:

• Length : 558mm
  • Width : 438mm
  • Height : 273mm
  • Wheelbase : 368mm
  • Weight : 6200g
  • Ground clearance : 108mm

the  associated rival

Vehicle Specifications

Power Source: Electric Terrain: Off-Road Body Style: Monster Truck Scale Size: 1:8 Scale Assembly Level: Ready-To-Run* Length: 595mm (23.43in) Width: 450mm (17.72in) Wheelbase: 394mm (15.51in) Weight: 5990g (13.21lbs) Drive: 4WD

the thunder tiger sledge hammer is smaller than the rival

thunder tiger

Specifications:

• Length : 558mm
  • Width : 438mm
  • Height : 273mm
  • Wheelbase : 368mm
  • Weight : 6200g
  • Ground clearance : 108mm

the  associated rival

Vehicle Specifications

Power Source: Electric Terrain: Off-Road Body Style: Monster Truck Scale Size: 1:8 Scale Assembly Level: Ready-To-Run* Length: 595mm (23.43in) Width: 450mm (17.72in) Wheelbase: 394mm (15.51in) Weight: 5990g (13.21lbs) Drive: 4WD

id be suprised if its not the sam chassis, looks the same to me.... probably has longer bumpers. its an mta4 lol

not suprising really when thunder tiger IS associated.

Edited by biggaz

MTA4 and MGT are the same truck anyway.

id be suprised if its not the sam chassis, looks the same to me.... probably has longer bumpers. its an mta4 lol

not suprising really when thunder tiger IS associated.

These cars were the same, before when Associated owned Thunder Tiger.

This is awesome. I was going to build a centre diff E-MGT to start off, and in the end settled for the stock transmission. I can see myself getting the bits needed to do a 'proper' centre diff conversion for my MTA4.

This is how I hoped the E-MTA4 would be, but they came up with some whacky off the wall plastic thing which broke my heart :)

I'm glad AE didn't just copy the E-MTA4 and rename it personally.

The only worry I would have is why only a 4S setup? We know the front and rear diffs will take more, but maybe that centre diff is the weak link? hmmm.

Edited by MrPug

Don't think this is a new design guys this thing has been around for a fair old few years now in nitro form.. It's over priced and a dated design IMO Shame on you Associated .. Just nicked the wheels and tires from the MT4 slapped in some nasty cheap electrics and released it by the looks of it .. Knocking on the door of the savage price range but were is the quality pound for pound in comparison 

Associateds Qualifer series models are all rebadged Thunder Tigers as far as I can see. They are really aimed at the US market where people would never buy a 'foreign' Thunder Tiger but will buy a Traxxas, Losi or Associated, even if its actually the same car.

Pricing is in line with that theory, (think Traxxas prices) and will be higher than the Thunder Tiger original. Quality well be good, but you get a better bargain with a TT badge.

Oh, and you think this is bad you should have seen the ACE 1015 vs Associated 1015 servo. Exact same servo - only difference is the sticker on the front but whilst my ACE cost me

• Like 1