• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fly Sky FS-GT3c switch mod

cutting42

I appreciate there have been a couple of threads on here but thought \I would post my fix to my sons TX.

Once I took it apart I figured that the easiest way was to switch the battery supply and I wanted to fit a decent sized switch and put it where it cant easily be knocked on or off.

I just soldered together the contacts to permanently keep switched on - sorry for the camera shake

DSCN1247_zpsa3aa0140.jpg

I then fitted a toggle switch from Farnell to the main body but out of the way

DSCN1243_zps99b54705.jpg

Wired up internally to the positive wire from the battery by cutting the red wire and inserting the switch into the circuit

DSCN1245_zps0272a441.jpg

DSCN1244_zps9732a539.jpg

All done and lovely, the only downside to this mod is that you need to make sure the switch is on when you are charging via the usb port DAMHIKT

DSCN1242_zps303b4bf8.jpg

I thought of doing this sort of mod but keeping it all in the wheel housing made more sence as it doesn't interfere with any of its features its a shame flysky did what they did to fix it cause they haven't really fixed the power switch they've just taken away the pcb board that pushes on the spring board thinking that's what the problem was and bad news is its not so all these so called fixed gt3c handsets will eventually get the fault might take a couple of months use bit they will fail

I thought of doing this sort of mod but keeping it all in the wheel housing made more sence as it doesn't interfere with any of its features its a shame flysky did what they did to fix it cause they haven't really fixed the power switch they've just taken away the pcb board that pushes on the spring board thinking that's what the problem was and bad news is its not so all these so called fixed gt3c handsets will eventually get the fault might take a couple of months use bit they will fail

Yeah your solution is neater but I did not have a low profile switch and I have the toggle in my spares box. I had a couple of goes at fixing the wires but they always failed eventually and always at an inconvenient time.