• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Project: Chaser

-BEZ-

cheers for the comments guys, well price wise you talking losi 5ive money lol

Providing all goes well the the development of the chassis there will be some videos of testing at the end of April. The main goal during testing is to get the chassis driving straight and true, all going well there will be a few runs over 100mph :good: Then its fine tuning for the main event at ROSSA in August :)

thats tim smiths dragster and if you look on his website you will see that he has had a testing of the car that went 179mph which has no vid so it is unofficial

it is but it took off the people are lucky

so you need the prefect set up so it dose not lift off

Yeah I have been speaking to Tim a fair bit,I don't expect to be breaking any records this year, as the amount of time I have to run the car under the right conditions is only twice a year. The main focus will be making sure it drives straight then it will be playing with gearing etc. My main concern is finding somewhere smooth enough and long enough to get the very high speeds As I think Im going to be running out of space at the rossa site lol

But Im in this for the long haul and I wont be stopping till I can beat some of the existing records set. Im sure this will end up being some mental mission to 200mph :rofl:

edit: Just for reference a speed is only official If it goes through 2 light gates and the RC comes to a controlled stop

• Like 1

wait isnt it because the dragstrip is to sticky cause i've heard that someone tried to use it and it just got stuck to it

It was a lack of grip actually, you have to remember all that rubber makes for a slippery surface for a light weight RC. There is more to it than than, but you have to see the site for yourself :good: